PDA

View Full Version : Tech Suits: How many meets before you get a new one?

__steve__
July 31st, 2013, 05:15 PM
I am interested in the number of meets from each performance suit everyone is getting

Allen Stark
July 31st, 2013, 08:46 PM
Generally I get a year out of one,3 taper meets-SCY,LCM and SCM.I don't swim a lot of events at taper meets-the 3 BRs and maybe a fly or 2.I only put the suit on for events,not warm ups, and I take it off immediately after the event and rinse it in cold water.

gdanner
July 31st, 2013, 09:08 PM
3-5 taper meets, depending on the number of events swum and length of time in pool during races.

Britt03
August 1st, 2013, 09:51 AM
I still wear the original PowerSkin (just wore it 2 weeks ago breaking zone records). I think it came out in 2000. Love that suit. Hasn't made me go any slower than the new Carbon Pro.
I also still have the original Aquablade (regular cut suit from 1996). it's slowly getting eaten by suit cancer though so I retired them to training suits.
It's all in your head. Initially the fabric is all the same and as long as it fits, it works.
So far, I have only retired my long-leg racing suits. All other knee- and regular cut tech suits (minus the banned ones) are still waiting for their next meet.