PDA

View Full Version : Signs You Are a Recovering Swimmer

Celestial
August 10th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Click on link below:

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-10461/15-signs-youre-a-recovering-swimmer.html

Seriously? I never want to become a "recovering" swimmer!

JanSwim
August 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
“recovering swimmer” = “dry swimaholic”?

Allen Stark
August 10th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I think that USMS members are not the target audience for this. My definition of a "recovering swimmer","I did a hard swim set yesterday,I'll do some easy stuff to day to recover."

Katherine Neustadt
August 11th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I think it really means signs you're a recovering performance/competitive swimmer. Taking 10 years to learn how to eat like a normal person (eg one that doesn't burn 5,000 calories before breakfast) sounds about right. And I can certainly relate to not know that my natural hair colour isn't actually all that blond. However, avoiding Masters swimming is (of course) simply falling off the bandwagon and swimming is *still* meditation. And a DQ is still pretty humiliating. Though we can laugh about it more now. And not feel so guilty going for a couple drinks after the meet.:drink:

SLOmmafan
August 12th, 2013, 05:30 PM
There is nothing quite like the food consumption frenzy that surrounds age group competition (I.e. USA
Swimming). Pasta feeds the night before a meet, baked potatoes and pizza from the concession stands - not to mention about 1/2 gallon of Gatorade.

SLOmmafan
August 12th, 2013, 05:31 PM
There is nothing quite like the food consumption frenzy that surrounds age group competition (I.e. USA
Swimming). Pasta feeds the night before a meet, baked potatoes and pizza from the concession stands - not to mention about 1/2 gallon of Gatorade.