PDA

View Full Version : Any short course yards meets after Santa Clara next year?

Michael Heather
September 19th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Like the title says. Anyone know of a SCY meet being held after nationals, but before the end of the season? Doesn't really matter where. The larger the meet, the better. I age up after Santa Clara and want to put some good times in my new age group.

Bill Sive
September 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Mike,

Did you see the 2014 Tentative Schedule for SPMS? Bakersfield, CA the 2nd Annual Gold Wave "Say Goodby to Summer" swim meet (09/28/14). Its listed as SCY. Also, the 1st Annual, on the 29th of this month is listed at SCY. You would not have to travel too far.

ALM
September 25th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Mike,

There seem to be a lot of senior games meets throughout the year and many of them are SCY.

(Wow. I've known you for 20 years but it doesn't seem like we should be old enough to be able to attend senior games. :cane:)

Michael Heather
September 27th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Mike,

Did you see the 2014 Tentative Schedule for SPMS? Bakersfield, CA the 2nd Annual Gold Wave "Say Goodby to Summer" swim meet (09/28/14). Its listed as SCY. Also, the 1st Annual, on the 29th of this month is listed at SCY. You would not have to travel too far.

Thanks, I was thinking more like some time in MAY, not a month after LC nationals. But if I can't find anything else, maybe it will work. Bakersfield is lovely in the fall.

Bill Sive
September 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Well you could do the Pasadena Senior Games (06/22/14). Advance Division = LCM, Novice Division = SCY. I don't think they would mind if you did the Novice Division. Plus Pasadena is in your own town!

That is if you are 50 y/o or older. I don't know how old you are.

Michael Heather
September 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Senior games are not USMS sanctioned meets. If I am trying to make top ten or AA in one or more events, I want to make sure that I compete in a sanctioned event. And entering the novice division for me would just be wrong.

The age restriction is not an issue.

Glenn
September 28th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Mike,

Anytime I have participated in either the State Senior Games or the National Senior Games, the times have been accepted for Top Ten.

The Novice Division at the State Games has the 100IM and lots of 25's, beyond that, I am not sure.

ALM
September 28th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Senior games are not USMS sanctioned meets. If I am trying to make top ten or AA in one or more events, I want to make sure that I compete in a sanctioned event. And entering the novice division for me would just be wrong.

As long as the meet is recognized, your times will count for Top10. Many senior games and state games are USMS-recognized.

Michael Heather
September 28th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I have been swimming in USMS since 1976. I was on the board of directors for a long time and have been active in the organization for longer. I have no personal grudge against the senior games, but have set a standard for myself. The event must be sanctioned.