PDA

View Full Version : more info about what I was looking for

ace557730
February 4th, 2004, 02:53 PM
I am getting back into swimming for fitness, to continue even after being able to return to basketball. When I was younger I participated on a swim team. However it was more recreational then competitive. I enjoy swimming and even in the past summers I swam at least 3-4 times a week. I do know how to do the free, back, and breast pretty comfortably, and can sort of do fly (although most the time I look like I am just splashing around). I'm also looking at keeping swimming as a part of my workouts in the future, and maybe in the future try a meet or two. I hope that it helps direct more of what sort of advice I am looking for. Thank you again!!!

Rob Copeland
February 4th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I would suggest finding a Masters club in your area, then meeting with the coach to discuss your goals and look at your swimming to help you figure out what specifics you should work on. Places to swim can be found on the USMS web site.

ace557730
February 8th, 2004, 11:30 PM
I want to thank you for the replies and emails. I can not swim yet, my next surgery is March 5 and the doctors don't want to risk any further damage. If anyone has anymore suggestions I would apperciate it! I will also keep everyone updated with the outcome of the surgery and workouts when I am able to begin! Thanks again!