PDA

View Full Version : Differences in not swimming for a while.

chefster
February 27th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Haven't swam since fall, just couldn't get myself to go back inside.{a ton of xcountry skiing}
What i have noticed.
Loss of some flexibility.
Slower healing of injuries.
Overall strength in upper body down a bit.
Have not been getting sick at all{ no germs from club]...only speculation of course.
Hair looks better not being chlorinated.
Breathing fresh air outside while working out much more invigorating than the evaporative chlorinated water.

I am getting ready to start swimming again. I love it . Just thought I would share.
One hell of a winter here in Michigan.

orca1946
February 27th, 2014, 06:05 PM
In Chicagoland as well !!! OUr pool has had really bad air movement so as to make most of us cough & really work at getting a good breath when a team practice this season. We open the outside doors to let in fresh air, to the dismay of the guards!!! Yes to some of the better hair & non-clor bodies ---- but -- you will like getting back into the relaxing water as well.

chefster
February 27th, 2014, 09:28 PM
In Chicagoland as well !!! OUr pool has had really bad air movement so as to make most of us cough & really work at getting a good breath when a team practice this season. We open the outside doors to let in fresh air, to the dismay of the guards!!! Yes to some of the better hair & non-clor bodies ---- but -- you will like getting back into the relaxing water as well.
sweet sweet summer....come on.

orca1946
March 1st, 2014, 01:21 PM
The posting of some open water swim make warm weather & non ice water a really good dream.

chefster
March 25th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Okay , back in the water. I have to say that all the county skiing I 've been doing has made the transition a lot easier than I thought. I'm pumped.

orca1946
March 27th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Is that a smile on your face in the grass? Are you on the way to the pool?
Doing anything workout wise will help you back into pool/lake shape.

chefster
March 28th, 2014, 11:04 AM
yep three days in the pool this week, can really feel it in the shoulders. Thats a smirk on my face while resting in the reeds.By the way the lakes look right now, seems I'll have plenty of time to get ready for them.

rxleakem
March 29th, 2014, 09:47 PM
By the way the lakes look right now, seems I'll have plenty of time to get ready for them.
Same here in Vermont. :sad: