PDA

View Full Version : Nero - TX vs XII + jammer sizing?

pwb
April 8th, 2014, 05:10 PM
So, with the scary-fast Santa Clara psych sheets up, I'm contemplating violating my "never pay more than $100 for a jammer" rule. I'm not yet willing to go above $200 and blueseventy has always had a special place in my swimmer's heart thanks to their awesome Nero Comp from the glory days of the bodysuit era, so I'm really just down to deciding:

Nero TX or Nero XII?
Which size?

Any strong opinions or biases on which suit is better? If you prefer one, why?

As for size, I typically train in an 32 Endurance jammer, but race in a size 30 TYR Tracer Light. Any experience whether the Nero TX or XII are "sized right?"

While I'm at it, I'm also in the market for a new speed cap and soliciting recommendations from others who have large heads!

knelson
April 8th, 2014, 06:05 PM
I think the XII is probably the better suit. The only reason it's cheaper now is that it's been replaced by the Nero 14. That's my thinking, anyway. I haven't actually used either of those.

I recently bought a size 28 Nero 14 and it is very tight. All I've done so far is try it on. I think there's the possibility I can get it all the way on, but I haven't quite demonstrated that yet! I think a size 30 may have been a better call. But I do have relatively wide hips. If you are narrow hipped the 28 might fit just fine.

Allen Stark
April 8th, 2014, 08:07 PM
The only B-70 jammer I have had is the TX. I like it a lot.I wear a 32 suit for practice and the size 30 seems right for me for a meet suit.

__steve__
April 8th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I can barely don a 32 (TYR ap12) without destroying the suit in the process, and I'm a toothpick (size 32 pants fall off of me). Takes about 5 minutes minimum, and even then I see damage occur where places of the suit get overstretched.

knelson
April 8th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Yeah, but the B70 sizing chart is pretty funky. They say a size 28 should fit someone 175-205 and a 31" waist.
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0151/3877/files/2014_nero_size.jpg?6956 I'm very close to 180 lbs so you'd think 28 would be my size, but it's definitely tight. The big question is why would you call a suit a "size 28" when it's supposed to fit a 31" waist?

Water Rat
April 9th, 2014, 10:21 AM
To me it's not about the waist, it's about the hips/thighs. Not that I'm too familiar with your hips/thighs Patrick but my guess is you're narrower than me. I wear a 28 B70 XII, but I prefer my Speedo Fastskin3 Elite. It's a size SR6 whatever that means! I also wear a TYR Durafast size 28 jammer to practice.

sunruh
April 9th, 2014, 11:43 AM
PWB,
i will buy you any 1 of these for you to wear at nats.
http://www.swimoutlet.com/mens-board-shorts-c9270/

just give me the shipping info or i can hand it to you personally.
i am just that nice of a guy!
:D

pwb
April 9th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks, everyone. Yeah, I should've explained my B70 sizing challenge more clearly as I'm 190 (so smack in the middle of the 28 sizing weight-wise and below the 30 weight range), but a 33/34 inch waist when it comes to pants (so above the 28 and spot on the 30). I think I'll try the 30, make sure I've got time to return it if it's too loose and go for it.

@sunruh, I do need some new board shorts for my summer lake vacation and the $160 Oakley Blade III Board Shorts are advertised as "with compression", so I might just take you up on your offer. I just have to wear these in one event at Nats, right, for the offer to be valid ;)

sunruh
April 9th, 2014, 12:09 PM
@sunruh, I do need some new board shorts for my summer lake vacation and the $160 Oakley Blade III Board Shorts are advertised as "with compression", so I might just take you up on your offer. I just have to wear these in one event at Nats, right, for the offer to be valid ;)

yeah, say the 200 free on sunday :D

Water Rat
April 9th, 2014, 12:17 PM
yeah, say the 200 free on sunday :Dsteve, I'll go halfsies with you

sunruh
April 9th, 2014, 01:10 PM
D E A L!!! mark

pwb
April 9th, 2014, 04:49 PM
yeah, say the 200 free on sunday :DOh, I was thinking the 200 breaststroke.:bolt:

orca1946
April 11th, 2014, 02:36 PM
You have already made up your mind, but I like Fastskins.

waves101
April 11th, 2014, 03:02 PM
i have and wear both the TX and XII. At 5' 10" and 170 the 26 works for me. Dont get me wrong... its tight but thats what you want for Nats. Good Luck and swim fast.