PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Zone SCY Championships

meldyck
April 18th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Psych sheets are now posted on the Arizona Masters Swim web site (http://www.arizonamasters.org/) for the Southwest Zone SCY championship meet this coming weekend at Hillenbrand Aquatic Center in Tucson.

Looks like a pretty good crowd. See you all in Tucson.

mel dyck

meldyck
April 22nd, 2002, 01:21 PM
Preliminary results from the SW Zone Championship Meet at Hillenbrand Aquatic Center at the University of Arizona are now posted on the Arizona Master's Swimming web site (http://www.arizonamasters.org/results.htm).

A few corrections have been received and the final version will be posted later today.

Mel Dyck

osterber
April 23rd, 2002, 09:47 AM
I noticed that you have the USMS national (as well as your local) records entered into the system. Is that Hy-Tek records file generally available from USMS... is someone maintaining it officially, etc.? It would be great to publicize that and have it online somewhere convenient. (Unless it already is and I couldn't find it.)

-Rick

meldyck
April 23rd, 2002, 10:34 AM
Hi Rick,

I'm confused about the origin of the records also. I haven't yet asked the meet director, but I did a bit of thrashing around in the dark. What I found was that there is a pdf file of the Rule Book Appendix at USMS with the records as they stood when the Rule Book went to press. This isn't so easy to import into Meet Manager.

I've never hosted a SCY meet & have found the records at FINA to be somewhat more transparent than those at USMS. I've used those for the meter distances.

mel

matysekj
April 23rd, 2002, 10:41 AM
A zip file containing the latest published USMS records in the Hy-Tek record format is available from the tools page (www.usms.org/admin/tools.htm) in the admin section of this site. The direct URL of the zip file is www.usms.org/admin/records.zip . This file was just updated to show the records as of 11/1/01, which is the set of records published in the 2002 USMS Rule Book.

Which records to publish for your meet program is a question. All swimmers who break a record published in the latest rule book are eligible for recognition by USMS through one of our sponsor programs, regardless of whether someone has already swum a faster time this year. Because of this, you may want to use these files that show the latest published records. However, you may want to show the 'real' latest records as of the date of the meet (the fastest recognized times ever swum in USMS, including any recent times faster than the latest published times). These records are not currently available on this site. There's a project to update the records section of this site to always show both the latest published records and the most recent records and allow you to download either or both. Unfortunately, this project is currently waiting for the rush of SC and LC nationals information to complete (this is a very busy time of year).

meldyck
April 23rd, 2002, 10:45 AM
Jim,

many thanks for the clarification on the records files.

mel