PDA

View Full Version : USMS & USA Swimming

amj119
December 2nd, 2014, 08:36 AM
I am a certified USMS and USA Swimming coach. Our USMS team is limited to practicing 3 days a week in the mornings, and I'm really looking to expand our program, but we have limited pool space. Our team practices out of our YMCA, and swim lessons and our youth swim team programs dominates the pool time in the evenings. Is there anyway to "legally" have a USA & USMS practice running at the same time in the evening? I was thinking about having a couple more practices a week for our masters team in the evenings, that would run the same time as our senior kids' practices. Does anyone know about this or have any suggestions on how I can increase the number of practices for my program without getting burned out from being at the pool 24/7? Thanks.

Karlene
December 2nd, 2014, 10:12 AM
The FAQs at the bottom of this link will answer your question. Bottom line, if the conditions listed are met then your USAS and USMS groups can swim together.
http://www.usms.org/admin/content/insuranceinfo

ALM
December 3rd, 2014, 11:25 AM
As Karlene said, that link should answer most of your questions. If not, give me a call at 941-556-6279.

Anna Lea Matysek
USMS Membership Director