PDA

View Full Version : 12 Week Summer Training Program

Amman
March 7th, 2004, 05:13 AM
I'm coaching a summer swim team with a season of 12 weeks. I 'm looking for workouts starting at 8&U to 15-18. Is there a book out there for summer programs with a generalized guide to workouts by age group so I don't have to re-invent the wheel?

cinc3100
March 7th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Summer league is more difficult. Because, those under 14 only swim in summer and those 15 and above also swim during the school year. Matt S who coach a summer league team can fill you in on how to coached one. The older swimmers will be a little better condition because of school swimming.

Amman
March 8th, 2004, 04:08 PM
How is this Matt S that your refer to? Any recent books or training manuals out there that you know about with appendixes of workouts?

Kipp
March 17th, 2004, 04:04 PM
"The swim coaching bible" can be bought on most swimmming websites. It gives sets and all kinds of ideas and there are a tone of coaches involved in the book that include the greatest age group coaches to the greatest olympic coach. So every philosophy is represented. It's a must have for any coach.

Amman
April 16th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Jeremy Kipp-

The Swimming Bible was a wonderful read. The other book that was fascinating was Swimming Fastest.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Matt Amman