PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Post workout

Nickel
February 13th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Just out if curiosity, what does everybody eat before you swim and after you swim? Any time frames of when you eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imbacktoit
February 13th, 2015, 09:21 PM
1/4 C raw almonds before...
yogurt, fruit & a lot of water after...

Nickel
February 13th, 2015, 09:47 PM
So you don't eat a lot of protein afterwards?

jpetyk
February 14th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Since my workouts start at 5 am, I don't eat. If I do, I taste it all practice. After, I like Greek yogurt, eggs and protein bars for breakfast.....with lots of coffee.

orca1946
February 14th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Our team practice is in the evening,so I finish about 9 pm. By the time I get home , it's 10pm & I eat a Mcdonalds salad with grilled chicken.

knelson
February 14th, 2015, 01:28 PM
I usually swim after work and generally don't eat anything immediately before. Afterwards I've got about an hour till dinner time so I'll generally drink a beer and snack on something.

When I swim in the morning I'll have a bowl of cereal and coffee.

Gary P
February 14th, 2015, 01:33 PM
A peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread and a banana is my customary post-swim snack. Sometimes I add a plain Greek yogurt cup, especially after a more-demanding-than-usual workout.

Nickel
February 14th, 2015, 09:50 PM
I will sometimes do the chocolate milk thing since it is highly recommended for the sugars and protein after a workout. Sometimes I have dinner about 45 afterwards and just wait until that. Wondering if I am eating enough protein or if I am overeating protein thinking that the workout is more intense than it was.