PDA

View Full Version : Toys!

magick17
February 27th, 2015, 10:39 AM
I loves toys..what the best toy you've bought in the past few years that you find yourself grabbing at least once a week?
im bored with mine and need something new..

Allen Stark
February 27th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Center Mount snorkel. I use mine every day in practice.

laineybug
February 27th, 2015, 04:02 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was using the new smart goggles, and do you know if they come with corrective lenses so I can see where I'm swimming? (LOL, -10).

http://www.engadget.com/2005/06/24/swim-goggles-with-heads-up-display/

http://www.swimmersdaily.com/2013/04/19/instabeat-promises-to-track-your-pulse-with-a-swim-goggle-head-up-display/

smontanaro
February 27th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was using the new smart goggles, ...

No, and at my speed they'd probably turn into smart ass goggles, mocking me at every opportunity. :)

__steve__
February 27th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Snorkel/fin/noseclip combo:):

In the pool just for fun, or in the sea for some serious fun. I couldn't give up these items

FindingMyInnerFish
February 28th, 2015, 02:10 PM
No, and at my speed they'd probably turn into smart ass goggles, mocking me at every opportunity. :)
LOL! I know that feeling! I used to use RunKeeper for my runs and before I figured out how to turn off the voice, I'd get pace and mileage every 1/2 mile. I swear there was an exasperated edge to the the tone. I half expected, "You do know you can actually run, don't you?" ;)

rxleakem
February 28th, 2015, 08:28 PM

I second the snorkel, and use it when I am not being bogged down by a head cold. Also, jbs treated me to a pair of Agility Paddles and I use them almost every practice.

fatboy
March 2nd, 2015, 03:58 PM

Allen - do you use this for breaststroke?

Allen Stark
March 2nd, 2015, 09:37 PM
Allen - do you use this for breaststroke?

I use it for BR kick instead of with a kickboard. I use it in drills when I want to isolate one movement. Also you can take it,turn the tube around inside the strap,then put it on upside down(and backwards) so the tube runs down your back.Then swim BR and it will keep you from lifting your head too much. Mostly I use it in warm up to swim free with good balance and head position.

Syd
March 3rd, 2015, 09:25 AM
My favorite toys:

Finis Tempo Trainer
Center Mount Snorkel
Poolmate Swim Watch

Couldn't do without any of them.

The tempo trainer helps me keep pace and gives me my interval sendoff time.

I have only had the center mount snorkel for two months, but it is already proving to be an indispensable tool. It helps with just about everything including body position, catch and kick.

The swim watch counts my strokes, records my times and helps me keep track of distance.

On my wishlist:

a team to train with
a coach

:D

ForceDJ
March 3rd, 2015, 11:55 AM

I have to admit that I'd heard about these but never actually seen one. So I looked it on on the interwebs. Something about the thing makes me think there may be a future class action lawsuit similar to the "Opti-Grab."

Dan

knelson
March 3rd, 2015, 12:00 PM
I think the Finis center-mount snorkel is a great training tool and I used mine nearly every time I swim. The one thing I don't like about it is it makes it all but impossible to see the pace clock while swimming. I guess a Pace Pal clock would solve that problem, but don't have one yet!

fatboy
March 3rd, 2015, 12:34 PM
I use it for BR kick instead of with a kickboard. I use it in drills when I want to isolate one movement. Also you can take it,turn the tube around inside the strap,then put it on upside down(and backwards) so the tube runs down your back.Then swim BR and it will keep you from lifting your head too much. Mostly I use it in warm up to swim free with good balance and head position.

Thanks Allen. Using for kick is a great idea.