PDA

View Full Version : large nose and goggles

foomanchu35
March 9th, 2004, 12:01 AM
I have a VERY large nose. So large that I cannot wear nose-adjustable goggles even at their largest setting. (The piece of plastic keeps cutting a furrow in my nose, and the googles leak.) Do you guys know of goggles for people with extra-large noses and where I can get them? Thanks.

aquageek
March 9th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Have you considered swedish style goggles that have either string or an adjustable rubber strip between the goggles? You might get a better fit with that. Plus, Swedish goggles are very cheap.

swimsum
March 9th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Maybe just cut an extra peice of stretchy strap from somewhere (goggle strap) and use that.

I had an old pair of goggles that I liked alot ... somehow the plastic nose pc broke ... and I just used strap. It stuck in the eyepc holes fine just being pulled through. I tightened it up before my workout and it lasted. Just make sure it is thick enough to stay put in the hole. [Maybe it is a good time to minimalist on your paddles straps ... use some for your nose.]

good luck

butterflybeer
March 9th, 2004, 02:55 PM
I would second Geek's suggestion for Swedish goggles. However, you may find that the Swedish nose piece (string with a rubber sheath) can hurt your nose as there is no give in the string. If this is the case, I would suggest trying TYR Socket Rockets. These are very similar to Swedish except they:

1) have a slightly cushioned gasket, unlike Swedish where the gasket is hard plastic (same as the lens)
2) have an elastic nosepiece (so it will not hurt like Swedesh might)
3) have an easily adjustable strap so you can tighten/loosen them without knots (as with Swedish)
4) last much longer because the straps on Swedish tend to rot
5) will cost about $5 more than Swedish but are still at the low end of goggle pricing

I support with Swimsum's suggestion. If you can modify the nosepiece of your existing goggles, then there is no need to purchase new ones!