PDA

View Full Version : CMSA State Meet

Catfish Woman
March 26th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Have things changed here in Illinois?

I went to the post office on March 20th here in Evanston at noon to drop off my state meet entry. I knew that I was cutting it a little close, but figured I would make the postmark cut based on the fact that the given date was a Sunday. I was at the post office on Saturday. The windows had closed right at noon and I dropped my entry in the slot.

Evidently my entry was postmarked for Monday the 22nd. Today I recieved a note from William Bishop that I was too late and am not registered for State Meet. Wow. That sucks! Apparently they already "have approximately 400 swimmers registered this year".

I recieved my state meet entry with my CMSA newsletter on Friday March 19th! He sent it back to me, my entry on one side, the newsletter cover on the other, $.60 stamp and all - postmarked March 16th. How could I have sent it in any faster?

I am still going to go to the meet to cheer, and am staying at the Hilton Garden Inn for the CMSA meeting April 3rd, I had to pay that in advance. But I do wish that they would have accepted my entry. Long Live the Wild Catfish and good luck to everyone!

mattson
March 27th, 2004, 01:14 AM
I have one word... relays!

(I'm sorry about what happened with your entry. If you had computer access, you could have printed up the entry form as early as January.)

cjquill
March 27th, 2004, 09:22 AM
In all fairness, it should be pointed out that the state meet entry form was published in the January-February issue of CMSA Lane Lines in addition to the March-April issue.

Lucky McCharm
March 29th, 2004, 12:33 AM
It is disappointing to see that this swimmer is rejected , we need all the swimmers we can get so Illinois Masters wins nationals. I just hope the meet is going to be worth all the money , considering its cheaper to go to nationals. Maybe she should be allowed to swim but not score any points/records. Who's idea was it to have the entry deadline on a sat , would it been better to have it on the Monday.

Hey catfish lady you better swim at nationals for IM.

carlsaxton
March 29th, 2004, 04:29 PM
When are the psych sheets are going to be posted for the 1000?

--Carl

waterSpanker
April 6th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Hello, Everyone,

i'll be putting up the "Big Meets" subsection under the Meet Market area of the CMSA Website. Especially for meets like the CMSA State Meet, there are types of information that don't apply to other events. This could include:

heat sheets before the meet
key contact info, including links to the State Meet Committee
preparing for the meet
hosting team spotlight info
t-shirts/ vendor spotlight info
social events linked to the event
multiple types of results

Pictures will be linked and reside mainly on the CMSA Media Exchange/ Online Photo Gallery. If there are other types of content that you feel need to be added to this subsection, please let me know. i'd like to make sure that i'm accommodating as much information as possible for visitors to the CMSA web site.

In the meantime, you can access the multiple result reports from the CMSA Meet Market - at the bottom in the "Message Board" area. As with the general results, we are asking everyone to confirm their information and report any discrepencies to the Barrington Area Masters [teamBAM@CMSAswimming.org].

carlsaxton
April 8th, 2004, 09:55 PM
While it's still fresh in everyones minds, if anybody would like to write a blurb or short story (or even a long story) about the state meet for the next CMSA newsletter, that would be great.

Multiple articles from multiple individuals are certainly welcome.

Thanks!
Carl
contactsecretary@cmsaswimming.org

Nate
June 16th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Is there a reason why the CMSA state meet results have not been sent in to USMS? None of those times appear in the Top Times so far this season.