PDA

View Full Version : My complain about California

cinc3100
March 29th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I lived in a neighorhood where there were gangbangers at the local park. Most master swimmers don't live in those kind of neighborhoods in California. They live in upper-middle class neighorhoods at least 6 miles from the barrio or ghetto. So, they don't have to experiance that. Many people back in the 1970's,lived in places like Huntington Park or Southgate and Santa Ana where there was almost no gang activity. Today these places in So Cal are known for that I'm just saying that I got to moved to a neighborhood in Arizona with zero gang activity. There gangs here in Arizona but I don't live in that kind of neighorhood anymore. I'm saying I got a better deal by moving out of SO Cal. Other people situation is different.

cinc3100
March 29th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I'm not putting the state down as a whole. Just trying to explain my situation.

Bert Bergen
March 29th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Cynthia, I appreciate the wealth of valuable of information and data you provide on a more than regular basis. However, please do not generalize about the demographics of an area that you haven't lived in in, how many years? And, how is this "your situation?" Southern California, like many areas in the country, has high, middle and low income areas. We are not special, or are we inferior. I am not sure what you are even trying to tell us, or what response you are looking for so let's stick with the swimming.

cinc3100
March 29th, 2004, 06:16 PM
People just don't think I have a right to complain at all about the state. I left less than 10 years ago. So, it was not many years ago. In fact, the area I grew up was better in some ways 20 or 30 years ago. I will not complain anymore, but unlike Bert, I lived in Fountain Valley next to Santa Ana, a totally different placed unlike South County which has a lot less working poor.

Bert Bergen
March 29th, 2004, 08:04 PM
My point is: WHY complain? You left. A lot changes in 10 years. I have only lived in South Orange County for 6 years. I have seen/lived/swam/coached/worked all over Socal (and Norcal) and have never felt a need to stereotype or pigeon hole a demographic location or people as often as you do. If there is an issue, please offer up a REASON to complain. It's that simple.

aquageek
March 29th, 2004, 08:27 PM
I have to agree, what in the world is this post about and what does it have to do with Masters Swimming?

aquageek
March 30th, 2004, 05:39 AM
I don't see any lines to read between and I still don't get the point.

tjburk
March 30th, 2004, 08:37 AM
I have to agree with Cinc!!! I was born and raised in sunny SoCal! There are areas out there that very bluntly...suck! That is all she is saying! She didn't say anything else about anywhere else! Just that the area she lived in was not a good one! And by the way, if you don't like the subject of the post, why respond? Can't we all just get along:D People are way too serious these days! Lighten up, smile:D

aquageek
March 30th, 2004, 08:56 AM
I don't think anyone denies there are areas of every city that have some issues. But, the overt reference to a specific race troubled me.

And, what does this have to do with Masters Swimming? Keep your social commentaries on another forum please. I posted because I was offended. I think I ultimately understood cinc's ideas after an unnamed person helped me but you certainly appear poised to take the torch and run with it.

tjburk
March 30th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Yep, can't run as far as I used to though!:D