PDA

View Full Version : Pool space needed; I'm willing to pay $10/hr. rent

shipleywm
May 10th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Hi guys,

I have a successful swim lesson business in Skokie, IL and I'm looking to expand into Chicago. Does anyone reading this have any connections or ideas? I prefer an indoor pool that's heated (i.e. a pool inside of a condo).

Thank you!

Bill

pwb
May 10th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Start with the map view of www.swimmersguide.com and see where there might be pools you could approach. I know a private coach friend of mine has had luck working with the local JCC and rented space there; I know other private coaches who had approached municipal pools, but generally gotten rebuffed from them. I don't imagine healthclubs (e.g., LA Fitness, Lifetime Fitness) will do it, but those are both places that have indoor pools and a semi-decent number of locales in the greater Chicago area.

Though I doubt this is in your business plan, Swim Labs (http://swimlabs.com/) was setup by Masters swimmer Michael Mann and he has a franchising model. I've never been to one of them nor researched it, but it might be something to aspire to; there's a location they list in Aurora.

shipleywm
May 12th, 2016, 10:43 AM
You guys are awesome. Thank you for helping me out. I'm going to jump on these ideas over the weekend.