PDA

View Full Version : Hat's off to Sue Welker and her Waves!

Catfish Woman
April 4th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Not only was her team the greatest point-scoring bunch on deck, she sported the best tan this side of Lake Michigan. Sue, you've done a heck of a job pumping up your chlorine comrades to victory. I'm looking forward to joining forces for Nationals, Go Illinois Masters! Long live The Wild Catfish and The Waves that spur them on! Together we shall conquer the Nation!

wilddave
April 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Congratulations to the 2004 Illinois State Champions, Sue Welker's Naperville Waves!

The Barrington pool was lightning fast. Not only did Illinois State records fall, but many National records fell, like tear drops from a Wild Catfish swimmer's eye. As an Evanston Catfish, I am upset that we came in second, but O.K. with the fact that we lost to the Waves. We have more excuses than you'll ever want to hear, but in the end, one team team rightfully earned the top Kudo's, Sue's Waves! I also, will be more than pleased to swim with a Wild Wave or any other IL Master at Nationals in Indy. We have all worked hard to be winners. We have the chance in Indy to be National Champs one more time!

And anyways, my mom told me that I was still a winner at State Meet.

Long live the Wild Catfish!
:eek:

Coach Sue
April 5th, 2004, 09:52 AM
What fabulous posts from the catfish crew!! Thanks & we really enjoyed your ribbing. Though I was afraid our tires would be slashed during the 200 breast!

What a great weekend for all Illinois swimmers. Chad & Bill Burke did a fantastic job with the meet & we are looking forward to a return trip to Barrington next year. What a great facility you have. Thank you, thank you!!!

I have to say that part of the real pleasure of masters swimming has been all the wonderful people I have met over the past 5 years since I started the waves program. We have something in Illinois that I doubt few states have. I love the fact that we all cheer for each other no matter what team people are on!! I am always so impressed with the level of competition we have, and the genuine support (and teasing) between all the teams. Illinois ROCKS & I can't wait to be on deck in Indy cheering on all of you to fast & furious swims.

Thanks & we are truely honored to be Illinois State Champs. the Wild Catfish have had a phemominal 20 year dominance!!

Stay wet!

Coach Sue & the Wild WAVES!

mattson
April 5th, 2004, 12:10 PM
I'd like to echo Sue's comments. All of the Evanston swimmers were great competitors, and very gracious when the meet was over. (Except for that funny-looking Dave guy... ;) ).

We even had Zsejke talking trash on our team's discussion board. Considering that she is the youngest person I've ever seen to win the individual high point award, she can say anything she wants. :cool: (I think she set those state records, just to hear the announcer try to pronounce her name. :D)