PDA

View Full Version : tiredness

sparx35
April 5th, 2004, 05:25 PM
whats your way to relax and beat tiredness throughout the week after all your hard swim workouts?

Conniekat8
April 5th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Actually, not all that tired.
Waking up at 4am, I;'m more tired after I wake up than I am after a 3500Y swim, finishing around 6:30 am.

laineybug
April 5th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Actually, I'm more relaxed and refreshed after the workout, guess its because I swim after work. Not at all tired. Sitting the the steamroom and then a hot shower is nice, and if for some reason I can't do those (and sometimes in addition to) a dip in the hot tub when I get home is wonderful.

SWinkleblech
April 5th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Relax? What's that? With two children to come home to, I don't know what that means. I think the most relaxed I am during the day is when I am swimming. That is my escape from work and home. I put my head underwater and ignore the world.

Scansy
April 5th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by SWinkleblech
Relax? What's that? With two children to come home to, I don't know what that means. I think the most relaxed I am during the day is when I am swimming. That is my escape from work and home. I put my head underwater and ignore the world.

Yes! Just got the kids to bed - my wife is out shopping for groceries. Go to bed soon, get 5-1/2 or 5 hours of sleep, wake up at 5:00 and swim again. Swimming is an escape, and I am wide awake for work after my workout (at least for the morning).

I know that I would be a faster swimmer if I was able to get 7-8 hours on a regular basis. Oh well, don't want to make any excuses....:D

DocWhoRocks
April 6th, 2004, 08:48 AM
I swim in the evenings. If I'm not completely exhausted after practice, I feel I didn't work hard enough. Then I go home, have a bite to eat and hit the sack.

Swimming is a good tension reliever - at least it used to be. My life kicks butt and I have virtually ZERO tension everyday :D

tjburk
April 6th, 2004, 08:48 AM
NOT a morning person! No swim mornings! Swim at lunch good! Swim at lunch real good!!:D

KenChertoff
April 6th, 2004, 09:52 AM
I swim evenings, except for my Sunday morning team practice. I'm tired after I work out -- need sleep, sleep is good :p. I couldn't work out mornings on week days -- I'd fall asleep at my desk. My boss wouldn't like that at all :D.

nyswim
April 6th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I drink a few beers after workouts

Scansy
April 6th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by tjburk
NOT a morning person! No swim mornings! Swim at lunch good! Swim at lunch real good!!:D

I used to swim at lunch, but have a new assignment out of the office. The only way I can swim right now is mornings. It took a looooooong time to get used to it. Or maybe I'm still not used to it.

SWinkleblech
April 6th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by tjburk
NOT a morning person! No swim mornings! !!:D

I agree. Unless I try sleep swimming!:D

DocWhoRocks
April 7th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by SWinkleblech

I agree. Unless I try sleep swimming!:D

It doesn't work, you end up breathing water. Yes I know this for fact - I have actually fallen asleep DURING practice.

Safety note: during morning practice; not a good idea when kicking to put a pull bouy on your board and lay your head on pull bouy - sleep soon follows.

Scansy
April 7th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by DocWhoRocks

It doesn't work, you end up breathing water. Yes I know this for fact - I have actually fallen asleep DURING practice.

Safety note: during morning practice; not a good idea when kicking to put a pull bouy on your board and lay your head on pull bouy - sleep soon follows.

Wow, my wife thinks I can fall asleep anywhere, but this tops anything I have done.

sparx35
April 7th, 2004, 06:05 PM
JUST TRIED TO VOTE...session invalid...darn it its my poll & im not allowed to vote?????this makes me TIRED!!!!!

eliana2003
April 8th, 2004, 07:27 AM
practice makes me very tired, but I've just gotten used to be tired all of the time!

pettijohn
April 8th, 2004, 08:00 AM
I need another category for the voting. I maybe very tired before our late evening practices (8:30 -10:00), but after practice I am bouncing off the walls. I need atleast an hour of down time before I can go to sleep.

eliana2003
April 8th, 2004, 01:00 PM
that's why i started training so early in the AM- i couldn't get to sleep after practice :mad:

Sparky
April 8th, 2004, 08:19 PM
[FONT=courier new][COLOR=royalblue]I get tired, but it's a good tired. I've found, oddly, that I have more energy to complete a workout in the morning or at lunch than if I try to swim in the evenings.

I look forward to getting myself in the kind of shape where I can REALLY wear myself out with a 3000-yd workout! Goooood morning!

-Sparky

Swimmer Bill
April 12th, 2004, 01:02 AM
This poll needs more types of choices. Not everyone is fatigued after swimming. Personally, my response would be "energized"

Other possibilities include:

"relaxed"
"hungry"
"late for work"

:) Swimmer Bill

Seagurl51
October 22nd, 2004, 01:07 PM
I get really tired after my workout...but i just sleep it off in my biology class and then I wake up and feel 100% awake and ready to take on the world!:D

~Kyra

p.s. Hungry definately needs to be an option!!

Fishgrrl
October 22nd, 2004, 01:18 PM
If I swim in the morning, I'm totally energized for the day. If I swim at noon and go back to work, it relieves stress. If I swim at night, then I need an hour our two (or three) before I can go to sleep.

If I swim on Sat. morning, it sets my whole day right. And I always have coffee after I swim, unless it's at night! (no rhyme intended!)

PS: dang...I wish I had a biology class to fall asleep in...(sigh);)

shark
October 22nd, 2004, 01:32 PM
5:30-6:30am is a great way to wake up. Not too many people at the pool at that time. 3000 yards and I'm ready for the day, just as long as I get my poptarts and coffee.

geochuck
October 22nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by shark
5:30-6:30am is a great way to wake up. Not too many people at the pool at that time. 3000 yards and I'm ready for the day, just as long as I get my poptarts and coffee.
Please not coffee again (I still love my coffee hot).

George

bckirkland
October 22nd, 2004, 03:30 PM
I swim in the evenings and I'm usually pretty whipped after a workout. Especially last night when I did 3500 yards -- the most that I've done since being back in swimming. It's a good thing though, because it allows me to sleep through the night so when I get up in the morning I've got tons of energy that lasts throughout the day.

newmastersswimmer
October 22nd, 2004, 07:47 PM
but i just sleep it off in my biology class and then I wake up and feel 100% awake and ready to take on the world!

Well at least your not sleeping through any math classes...now that would be down right Sacralige!!

newmastersswimmer

swimlong
October 23rd, 2004, 11:12 AM
Our team practices at night, too - and my problem is being wired for hours afterwards...Then the following day I am dragging...any solutions? (Swimming at any other time isn't available for our team)

suares
October 23rd, 2004, 11:43 PM
After a workout, I'm sleepy.
But, I have a good schedule. I leave the house at 4:45am for a 5:00 workout. I'm home for breakfast at 6:15. My wife is out the door at 7:00 and I drop the kids off at school by 7:30.

Then, without anyone knowing.....I come home and sleep until 9:00. If I don't sleep, I'd be a waste. I roll into work at 9:30.

Fred Johnson
October 25th, 2004, 04:26 PM
5:45 am is the least crowded time and the time when I haven't eaten everything in sight. Plus underwater is a great way to start the day.