PDA

View Full Version : Sewanee meet this Saturday

julieannjohn
March 2nd, 2017, 05:42 PM
Anyone here in the meet in Sewanee, TN?

ElaineK
March 2nd, 2017, 06:01 PM
Anyone here in the meet in Sewanee, TN?

Yes! I'll be there competing in the "800 IM Challenge"(only woman; 3 total), and Jamie1966 is going. It will be his very first meet!

See you there! :cheerleader:

j cook
March 2nd, 2017, 06:06 PM
yes, have you found heat sheets?

julieannjohn
March 2nd, 2017, 08:34 PM
Just this: https://www.swimphone.com/meets/event_order.cfm?smid=8388

julieannjohn
March 2nd, 2017, 08:42 PM
Yes! I'll be there competing in the "800 IM Challenge"(only woman; 3 total), and Jamie1966 is going. It will be his very first meet!

See you there! :cheerleader:

Cool! I see you're 55 so we're not in the same age group; I'm 53!

ElaineK
March 2nd, 2017, 09:33 PM
yes, have you found heat sheets?

An e-mail was sent out today with the psych sheets, but heat sheets won't be available until the meet.

ElaineK
March 2nd, 2017, 09:35 PM
Cool! I see you're 55 so we're not in the same age group; I'm 53!

​I just aged up in January. :agree:

ElaineK
March 4th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Julie, J Cook, and Jamie1966 (and Marcie!): It was great meeting you all at the pool today. Congratulations on a great meet, everybody! :applaud:

julieannjohn
March 5th, 2017, 03:30 PM
You, too!

jamie1966
March 5th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Elaine, thank you so much for your help! it was great to meet you and Bruce. Looking forward to seeing you guys at future meets. We hope Bruce is feeling better.

ElaineK
March 5th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Elaine, thank you so much for your help! it was great to meet you and Bruce. Looking forward to seeing you guys at future meets. We hope Bruce is feeling better.

You're welcome! :D Send me a private message with your e-mail address, and I'll e-mail the picture I took of you and Marcie. We really enjoyed meeting you two! As for Bruce, he feels miserable. He's headed to see the doctor in the morning. :badday:

j cook
March 6th, 2017, 08:52 AM
ElaineK, the only event I got watch of yours was the 200br. I missed the start, but i saw Bruce filming on deck so I stood beside him and watched. Good swim- steady consistent. I think your time reflected it. Jamie, you beat me. I demand a rematch. And somehow I missed Julie, maybe next time. We have to be thankful for great spouses!

ElaineK
March 6th, 2017, 12:20 PM
ElaineK, the only event I got watch of yours was the 200br. I missed the start, but i saw Bruce filming on deck so I stood beside him and watched. Good swim- steady consistent. I think your time reflected it. Jamie, you beat me. I demand a rematch. And somehow I missed Julie, maybe next time. We have to be thankful for great spouses!

Thanks, Jeff! Hey, do me a favor and send me a private message with your thoughts about your races. Did you set any PR's or have particular races you were happy about? How did you like the meet overall? I'm writing an article for the Georgia Masters Newsletter about it, so I would like to include you in it. Thanks!

Meanwhile, you are SO RIGHT about our great spouses! Poor Bruce was sick (he's at the doctor now with possible bronchitis), and he still sat through that entire meet. He even did a great job on the filming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6WTO6RrAEE