PDA

View Full Version : 2004 World Championship in Riccione

Maryyyyyy
April 25th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Hi! I'm just wondering who's coming?

I'll be there! 50 free, fly and back, 100 free and back, and 3KM in the sea.

I'll be wearing an t-shirt with "ITALIA" and "Maryyyy" printed on it.

Anyone else? It would be nice to meet you while your here.

Mary Lokken
Nuoto Club Firenze
Florence, Italy

Maryyyyyy
April 26th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Me again... no one's coming?

Another question - a lot of masters in Italy want to know if Mark Spitz is coming. He didn't register for any races, but maybe just to visit? Anyone know?

Thanks!
Mary

Edward The Head
April 27th, 2004, 08:38 AM
I'll be there. I'm swimming the 200 and 400 free and 400 IM. I'm just hoping that I'm ready.

Maryyyyyy
April 28th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Great! We'll see you there, Ed!

Anyone else?

MPohlmann
May 5th, 2004, 10:15 PM
We have 14 from Illinois going to Riccione:

Peter Andersen
Betty Bennett
Nadine Day
Ursula Harris
Heather Lingner
Thomas Maine
Bill Mulliken
Stephen Mullins
John Pohlmann
Mary Pohlmann
Hannelore Snyder
Ann Stevens
Carol Taggart
Tsejke Tusa

See you there.

Mary

NKMD
May 5th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Also, from Illinios

Niki Adams
Stephanie Mullins

Go USA!!!!!!!!!

Maryyyyyy
May 6th, 2004, 05:46 AM
The new pool at Riccione will be inaugurated on Sunday, May 9th.

Photos just came out on the Sports Riccione website:

New Pool in Riccione (http://www.sportariccione.it/progetti/piscinaolimpionica.asp?idl=15&pl=0#)

Check it out!

Ciao,
Maryyyyyy

drip'nwet
May 6th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Has anyone going to Riccione received any confirmation from Italy? I sent all my stuff over and have not heard a thing. I thought we were going to hear from someone over there shortly after the April 3rd deadline.

Conniekat8
May 6th, 2004, 12:03 PM
There is about 12 people from Mission Viejo Nadadores (including myself) going to Riccione!

Anthony Thompson
May 6th, 2004, 02:49 PM
I'm the only swimmer going to Riccione from Kansas, but at least we have ONE - I'm sure many state will not have anyone at FINA World Masters.

kerr
May 6th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I am from Southern California (Unat) and going to Italy as well. In fact, I will be traveling around Italy two weeks prior to the competition looking for pools in which to taper. I'll be in the Venice, Florence, and Tuscany areas and if you have any suggestions as to where I can train I would love to hear about them!!

I have not received any confirmations either, but am hoping all has been received and accepted.

Thanks,

Kerri

Betsy
May 6th, 2004, 03:30 PM
I know of 6 from Virginia who are going:
Marcia Barry
Mike Duignan
Betsy Durrant
Chris Frogley
Jim Miller
Patty Powis

Laurie DiTommaso
May 6th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I'm heading to Riccione too. I'll be swimming for New Jersey. Swimming the 50 Fly, 200 IM, 50 Breast, 100 Breast and the 50 Back. I begged for a response from Italy. I told them I was going to cry! Worked like a charm! I did receive confirmation. As far as I know, I'm the only NJ girl.:D

Maryyyyyy
May 7th, 2004, 03:52 AM
I just spoke with my team president who's on the organizing committee - no confirmations nor psyche sheets are out yet. I'm in Florence, and I'm still waiting for a confirmation! But I have faith.

There are 6,500 people registered for pool races + 1,500 for the open-water 3KM swim, so it's taking a lot of organization. Everything seems to be under control!

Anyone coming to Florence, there are two public 50 meter olympic swimming pools:

"Costoli" open to the public from 10am - 6pm every day, address "Via Paoli"

"Bellariva" on the Lungarno.

Have fun!

Laurie DiTommaso
May 7th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Mary, you've been so helpful. It seems like the only information anyone has gotten. Better wear your T-shirt every day so we can all stop by and say "Hi". :)

Maryyyyyy
May 7th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Hey, no prob! This is fun for me. I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

pat tullman
May 7th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Marrry , There will be three florida maverick masters in riccione. as well as some st. petersburg masters. Looking forward to spending time in the area after the meet. Hope we hear from the fina committee before we have to fly away. The Hotel booking company seems to be having trouble getting my credit card to give up its cash...Hope i can get that straightened out. see you in riccione. :cool:

Maryyyyyy
May 8th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Here's a link to an article on the Italian Swimming Federation (FIN) site about the inauguration of the new indoor swimming pool. It's in Italian, but I thought it would be reassuring for you all to know that the pool will be opened Sunday! An 81 year-old masters swimmer will have the honor of the first lap in the new pool.

Inauguration (http://www.federnuoto.it/nuoto.asp?p=articolo&id=3680)

CIAO!

Maryyyyyy
May 10th, 2004, 11:25 AM
The pool was inaugurated yesterday. A friend who went said it's GORGEOUS so I'm sort of hoping all my races (especially backstroke) will be in it, as opposed to the outdoor pool.

However, he said that the whole structure is fantastic, so whether you're racing indoors or outdoors, you'll be happy. Also, great places to hang out between races.

Photos of the Inauguration (http://www.nuoto.it/leggi.php?leggiID=4866)

michellemck99
May 17th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Has anyone in the US received their confirmation of entry from the meet organizers? I'm a little worried that I haven't seen mine yet, since the event is two weeks away (and entries closed about 6 weeks ago). Or am I overthinking this issue and everything is going to be just fine once I get there?;)

MPohlmann
May 17th, 2004, 05:44 PM
I received my confirmation for FINA Worlds in the mail today.

However, none came for my husband. I'm hoping his is just delayed in the mail. We sent them together and paid with a single bank draft, so if they got mine, they surely should have his.

I'll wait and see if it comes in the mail tomorrow. If not, I'll email AGAIN.

Mary

kerr
May 17th, 2004, 06:07 PM
I have not received my confirmation either. I am leaving for Italy on Friday and am growing more nervous by the day. I am unsure as to what to do if one has to show up without it. Info on this event has been pretty sketchy. But at worst I'll be in Italy for three weeks, so looking at it that way doesn't sem so bad.

K

pat tullman
May 17th, 2004, 07:26 PM
The three Florida Mavericks received their comfirmation letters saturday,may 15th. Hope you all did too.:)

Peter Cruise
May 18th, 2004, 12:10 AM
But have they measured the pool in an ultra-correct manner?

Maryyyyyy
May 18th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Once again I can only tell you that the same thing is happening here in Italy. Some people have received confirmation, others haven't yet. I spoke with the Italian FIN office last week and they told me they're sending them all off, but hadn't finished yet. Hang in there!

As for the measurements of the pool, they were taken in the official manner according to international FINA rules. The Prez of my team was part of the committee...

Edward The Head
May 18th, 2004, 08:03 AM
I got my reply the other day in the mail. It's basically the same thing as I got in email when I applied online.

kerr
May 18th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks Maryyyyy! You've been so helpful in conveying info we would never have been able to get otherwise.

michellemck99
May 18th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Thanks to all for your comments on getting your confirmations....glad to see I'm not alone!

One more question to throw out....at the big US meets like Nationals there have been various vendors to sell suits and the like. Can I expect the same in Riccione? I'm trying to figure out if I can buy a new suit once I get there, or if I should plan on getting one before I head over.

Maryyyyyy
May 19th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by michellemck99
Thanks to all for your comments on getting your confirmations....glad to see I'm not alone!

One more question to throw out....at the big US meets like Nationals there have been various vendors to sell suits and the like. Can I expect the same in Riccione? I'm trying to figure out if I can buy a new suit once I get there, or if I should plan on getting one before I head over.

Hi Michelle - yes, there will be stands selling swimsuits at Riccione. I don't know which brands will be there, though. Like, I doubt Speedo will be there as I've never seen a Speedo stand at an Italian meet. A great little-known Italian brand is OKEO. I love their suits, and the price is right. This isn't an advertisement - I have nothing to do with the company. I just like their products.

OKEO (http://www.okeo.it/home_page_eng.asp)

kerr
May 20th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Just received my confirmation in today's mail. Somehow this makes it even more exciting! See y'all there.

Kerri

Nancy Ridout
May 20th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Mary,

From the Tamalpais Aqautic Masters (just north of the Golden Gate Bridge - SF) are:

Nancy Ridout
Ken Frost
Bob Olson
Ben Wright
Jasmine Baechtiger
Walter Baechtiger

Also in our group are :

Suzanne Heim Bowen - Walnut Creek
Bob Mackenzie - Burlingame
Michael Moore and Anne Cribbs - heads of the Local Organizing Committee for the 2006 FINA World Championships at Stanford University.

We will all be helping out with a booth and handing out cards and pins and I hope you will drop by and introduce yourself.

Thanks for all the good advice you've shared! Oh yes, I received my confirmation in today's mail (5/20) and it was postmarked 5/15.

Nancy Ridout

Maryyyyyy
May 21st, 2004, 05:39 AM
I just heard that since the organizers are having a hard time sending out all the confirmations on time (still haven't gotten mine...) they will be posted on the website. I presume this means the FINA website, but I'm not sure.

See y'all soon!
Mary

Betsy
May 22nd, 2004, 01:40 PM
Will 2 pools be used - one indoor and one outdoor?
Betsy

Maryyyyyy
May 22nd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Yes, 2 pools will be used, both 50m pools, one outdoor (tried and true) and one brand new indoor pool. Apparently men and women will alternate pools day by day.

I think there will be 2 25m pools available for warm up.

joseferraz
May 22nd, 2004, 11:05 PM
Positive participation also from Brazil. Around 60 swimmers going to Riccione. Confirmations started to arrive on the 19th. Mailed May 12. I will be there for the 50, 100 and 200 free. I would like to see the the complete program before flying to Italy. Any one knows if they are going to add it to the Championship site???

Maryyyyyy
May 23rd, 2004, 02:20 AM
I hear the psyche sheet should be available on line either Monday the 24th or Tuesday the 25th. If I see it (given the time difference I'm ahead of y'all...) I'll put a link in this discussion.

Here in Italy whoever finds the psyche sheet first wins a beer!

Mary

Maryyyyyy
May 24th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by kerr
Thanks Maryyyyy! You've been so helpful in conveying info we would never have been able to get otherwise.

Hey Michelle!

I just spoke with Riccione and the only vendors of swim stuff will be ARENA. They are the sponsors, and so they've got an exclusive deal.

michellemck99
May 24th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Maryyyyyy
Hey Michelle!

I just spoke with Riccione and the only vendors of swim stuff will be ARENA. They are the sponsors, and so they've got an exclusive deal.

Hey Maryyyyyy!

You have been EXTREMELY helpful in setting my mind at ease on what to expect. Thanks for your help - I hope I can find you and meet you next week!

Maryyyyyy
May 26th, 2004, 03:35 PM
News just came out on the Italian Swimming Federation (FIN) Site...

Italian FIN Site (http://www.federnuoto.it/masters.asp?p=articolo&id=3870)

Here are some numbers:
8128 atleti iscritti
8128 athletes registered (includes synchro and waterpolo)

6349 alle gare di nuoto
6349 in swim competitions in pool

1089 alle gare di fondo (3 km)
1089 in the 3KM sea swim

I'll be hanging out at my team's gazebo, Nuoto Club Firenze...

See ya there!

kerees
May 26th, 2004, 03:42 PM
FYI:

Two swimmers from Mountain View Masters in California.

Karla Rees
Laura Colette

Hope some UK swimmers are bringing extra Union Jack swim caps, I'd like to get one.

How about that weather forecast....lucikly most of my events are indoors, but still waiting to see what heats I'm in.....see everyone next week....be on the look for two short (single) swimmers one blonde one not.

Karla

NKMD
May 26th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Karla and Laura,
See you in a week. :-)

Go USA.

I just got my confirmation.

Karla, How do you know which pool you're swimming in?

Sorry I couldn't read Italian.

GO USA,

GO Master Swimmers.

Everyone have a safe journey to Italy

Nadine Day

Maryyyyyy
May 27th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Also just published: the list of which pools will be used day-by-day... that is assignment between men and women indoor and outdoor pools:

Summary Training, Competition, Registration Schedule (http://www.masters2004.it/programme.asp)

We're all EAGERLY AWAITING the psyche sheet here... a lot of tension!

Maryyyyyy
May 27th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Here's a link the weather in the Riccione area:

ARPA (http://www.arpa.emr.it/smr/pagine/home/index/)

Maryyyyyy
May 27th, 2004, 06:54 AM
THE PSYCHE SHEET!!

was just put on line at 11:15 our time!!

Starting List (http://www.masters2004.it/starting_list.asp)

Have fun checking it out!

croberts
May 27th, 2004, 09:23 AM
THE PSYCHE SHEET!!

was just put on line at 11:15 our time!!

Starting List (http://www.masters2004.it/starting_list.asp)

Have fun checking it out!

never again will i complain about the length of one of my kids age group meets having seen how big this one is! 124 heats of the mens 50 free! 124 heats did the last FINA World Champs meet have two 50m pools too?

Laura Groselle
May 28th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Does anyone have an EXACT street address for the pool - an address that can be located in a web program such as Mapquest?

Thanks.

Has anyone found this information on the host's website???????

Maryyyyyy
May 28th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Here you go:

Piscina Stadio Del Nuoto
47838 Riccione (RN) - Viale Monte Rosa
tel: 0541.644410

Map (http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/mappa.8645482)

I think the reason it's not on the host's site is that Riccione is not a huge town, and we're going to be pretty much taking it over.

So, if you get to Riccione, you will find signs which indicate the pool.

Or, follow the wake of the swimmers!

strong440
June 2nd, 2004, 10:13 PM
Hey Maryyyyy, Thanx for the key to unlock the heat sheets of the World Masters at Riccione. Dig this y'all.

I was just minding my own business, looking to see which of my friends were there, etc. When I accidently found one swimmer had forgtten (?) and entered twice and ended up in the same heat, assigned to different lanes with different seed times!

I wonder about other events this swimmer might have entered and hows come the oficials didn't catch it, or if they maybe have by now. Should be an interesting out come!

pmbchill
June 2nd, 2004, 11:23 PM
Are any Ohio swimmers going????

Maryyyyyy
June 3rd, 2004, 04:48 AM
Corrections are being made to the psyche sheet. Most people are checking their own races to make sure they're right, and signalling any errors. The revised and corrected heat sheets will be available at Riccione.

The 800m sl started this morning! Should be exciting. I hear the inauguration yesterday eve was really nice. I'll be going Friday morning, Italy time.

Ciao!
m

Howard
June 3rd, 2004, 10:12 AM
I've looked at the site and don't see anywhere obvious where results will be posted. Did I miss it?

jim clemmons
June 3rd, 2004, 11:10 AM
I'm not really sure if this is where the results will be posted, since it's not obvious they have a link yet, but it is a good possibility:

http://www.masters2004.it

You can get to the psych sheets from there.

Also, I'm certain that swiminfo.com will have the results although maybe not as quickly.

Jim

croberts
June 4th, 2004, 10:20 AM
where the heck are the results?!?

joy
June 4th, 2004, 10:46 AM
my thoughts exactly. I have looked everyplace. Isn't Italy a day ahead also because of the international date line?

aquageek
June 4th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Um, no, the international date line is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Italy is 6 hours ahead of US ET, I think.

croberts
June 4th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Regardless of what time it is, the 800 was yesterday in both places!

Bert Bergen
June 4th, 2004, 06:14 PM
What, is it July 1 already? Is Italy already on their 10-week vacation where they tune out the world...

strong440
June 5th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Hey y'all. I can't believe I found the results for the first two days.
Actually only the winners of each age group were listed, but I've copied the list of USMS swimmers. Todd Spieker, William Lauer, Denise Brown, Meredith Moore, Jackie Marr, Agnes Janet Cederlund, and Rita Simonton. But please note that for whatever reason, that men from the age groups from 25, 30, 35, 40, and 45 are not included, nor the women's from 25, and 30 are not included. The above are from the 800 free which was held on day one.

Day two champions are from all age groups, both men and women. Swimmers from the USA that won their events are: for the 200 IM W.C. Muter (whose time was erroneously listed as 4 42 09, but probably was 2 42 09) and J.P. Berndt, Lois Nochman, and Nadine Day.

The 50 Fly winners were W. Johnston, Frank Grannis, Dick Webber, and T. Geiman, while the only USA woman winner was Lois Nochman. There could have been more men in the 50 Fly and the 100 Free, but the listing didn't get those under 40 for either event. Oh well! Those winning the 100 Free were Rita Simonton and S. Heim-Bowen for the women, and W. Johnston, T.Geiman, and Jack Groselle (although he is listed as G. Jack!).

I'll try my best to copy the website I found this on so here goes:
http://www.federnuoto.it/masters.asp?p=articolo&id=3925

The results for the 800 had the same http: etc. as that given above except that the last numbers were 3921.

Maryyyyyy
June 5th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Bert Bergen
What, is it July 1 already? Is Italy already on their 10-week vacation where they tune out the world...

Just gotta love those wise cracks which insult entire nations!

Let's bash the USA now!!!

Y'all, please remember that the whole world reads your site.

Thanks.

Mary Lokken

Maryyyyyy
June 5th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Hi!

I just got back home to Florence after 2 days in Riccione.

It was absolutely GREAT! Everyone was having a good time... lots of great swimming, but also just plain good cheer.

You may be surprised to hear that the organization is actually going really smoothly. The structure is holding up very well to the people and the events. The heats are running smoothly and I think surprisingly quickly. Yesterday the women finished 200im, 50fly and 100free by about 4, then the men went on until about 6.

I met lots of wonderful people from all over the world, including the USA. The booth for the 2006 Championships at Stanford is continuously busy with people asking for information.

Regarding the lack of the results on-line, you might like to know that "we" Italians are a disappointed as y'all are. Our forum is abrew with complaints, and apologies to all you masters out there who are NOT here, and want to know what's going on. I have a feeling that enough complaining is going on that the results WILL be on-line sooner than later.

I'll be going back to Riccione on Monday. I can't wait!

Ciao!
Mary

londoner62
June 5th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Regarding the lack of the results on-line, you might like to know that "we" Italians are a disappointed as y'all are. Our forum is abrew with complaints, and apologies to all you masters out there who are NOT here, and want to know what's going on. I have a feeling that enough complaining is going on that the results WILL be on-line sooner than later. [/B]

Mary, if poss can you please post the url (when you discover its idendity)here for the results as that will increase the likelihood of more people seeing it, not that we wont still check http://www.masters2004.it/default.asp for the results there!

Paul

Maryyyyyy
June 5th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by londoner62
Mary, if poss can you please post the url (when you discover its idendity)here for the results as that will increase the likelihood of more people seeing it, not that we wont still check http://www.masters2004.it/default.asp for the results there!

Paul

OK londoner62 (Paul)... I promise I will!

Howard
June 5th, 2004, 04:42 PM
This is why the results haven 't been posted.

http://www.swiminfo.com/lane9/news/7343.asp

Really, really stinks.

londoner62
June 5th, 2004, 04:47 PM
The power of the lira, I mean Euro rears its ugly head! Not impressed at all.

strong440
June 5th, 2004, 05:51 PM
The 200 breaststroke winners have been posted on the website I mentioned yesterday which now ends &id=3934. NO USA swimmers made the grade in this event, neither men nor women!

Maryyyyyy
June 6th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Well, that's a bummer! I didn't hear anything about having to BUY the results! I completely agree with swiminfo that results are not proprietary information, but public....

There's quite an uproar about this on our Italian masters forum...

Italian Masters Forum (http://mail.nuoto.it/~forumnew/index.php?showtopic=2748)

We're making up for it by publishing results we know about on the forum, but that's an arduous task!

Let's hope they change their minds...

Ciao!

Maryyyyyy
June 6th, 2004, 06:46 AM
There's some coverage on the Italian Federation site:

FIN Italy (http://www.federnuoto.it/masters.asp)

The articles are mostly about Italian swimmers.

There are all the gold medals updated through yesterday on the various pages. Where the time is followed by "R.M." that means "Record Mondiale" or rather, can you guess? World Record!

Throughout the day I'll check if they start posting the complete results.

And, yes, the international date line is way off in the middle of the Pacific, so we are NOT a day ahead of the USA... just a few hours...

ant
June 6th, 2004, 01:58 PM
yes, it's really silly to work hard and eventually to create a bad impression; stupidity is a fault, of course, but i hope people will forget this incident; anyway, i wish to thank Maryyyyyy for having always tried to give a good image of italy.
- - -
'bye, antonio

strong440
June 6th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Hey, y'all. The latest results of the winners (only) have from USA: 50 Breast three men, Edward Rudloff, Peter Anderson, and Jack Groselle. None of our women were first in this event.

The 100 Butterfly: Lois Kivi Nochman, and (from the #28 seed) Zsejke Tusa was the winner in the 25-29!!! Also Canadian Judie Oliver in the 70-74. The men had William Johnston, Thomas Maine, William Lauer, and Thomas Geiman. Also Canadian John Van Buren.

The 400 Freestyle: William Lauer and Tod Spieker the only men winners, but the women had three, Rita Simonton. Jackie Marr, S. Heim-Bowen, and S. Simpson.

The 200 Backstroke: 4 men from USA, Paul Hutinger,Tod Spieker, Frederico Ferroggiaro, and Jens-Peter Berndt. Also Canadian Wieslaw Musial. Just one women, Agnes Janet Cederlund.

This I gleaned from

www.federnuoto.it/federazione.asp?p=articolo&id=3940 (http://)

strong440
June 7th, 2004, 09:23 PM
The latest report from Riccione has three winners from the USA in the 100 meter breaststroke, Nadine Day, Jack Groselle, and former Indiana (with Doc Counsilman) great, Ken Frost.

The 400 IM was a little more productive with Lois Kivi Nochman, June Krauser, Jackie Marr, Laureen Welting, and Nadine Day.
Laureen and Nadine swam in adjacent lanes in the last heat of the event which was seeded with mixed age groups by seed times only! Judie Oliver from Canada was also a winner.

joy
June 7th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Doug where did those results come from. Any times for the 400 IM or any of the others. This am those results weren't on the website and tonite I only see diving. Thanz

strong440
June 7th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Oh yeah, the three men winning the gold for the USA in the 400IM (misti as they say) were William Johnston, Todd Spieker, and Jens-Peter Berndt.

Tomorrow's events will be the 200 freestyle and the 50 backstroke, as well as a mixed relay. Which one, I didn't notice.

Wednesday has the 200 BUTTERFLY (excuse the upper case), the 50 freestyle, and the 100 backstroke.

Thursday has about forty 'lebben swimmers doing the open water 3000 meters before leaving for tours or home.

strong440
June 7th, 2004, 10:28 PM
hey joy,

Today's www is only a digit or two from yesterday's, but the whole thing is: http://www.federnuoto.it/masters.asp?p=articolo&id=3942 (http://)

LindsayNB
June 8th, 2004, 10:16 AM
The Google translation of the results page is kind of amusing:

Google translation of results (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.federnuoto.it%2Fmaste rs.asp%3Fp%3Darticolo%26id%3D3942&langpair=it%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools)

mattson
June 8th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by LindsayNB
The Google translation of the results page is kind of amusing:

Google translation of results (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.federnuoto.it%2Fmaste rs.asp%3Fp%3Darticolo%26id%3D3942&langpair=it%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools)

The first sentence said it all:
"Lorenzo Marugo, 52 years, former athlete and today federal doctor, has gained its quarter contest obtaining the third world-wide supremacy in long bathtub of category 50-54 years, after those of the 200 frog and 200 compounds."

So does the Indy pool qualify as a long or short bathtub? :D

Philipp
June 8th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Hi,
Like many, I'm a disgusted with the meet organizers avarice and paucity with respect to the meet results.

I would really like to know how my friends did in the meet - I did not expect the great on-line coverage we get from USMS Nationals - results on-line within minutes of race finish - but I did hope to see the results and splits within the day.

After some research and reformatting, I'd like to offer the following information that was dervived from the FIN website - partial gold medal results, country and world record counts for results (as of Tuesday). I don't speak Italian, so all translation errors are mine.

On the New Mexico Masters Website, there is a link to the gold medal results:
http://www.zianet.com/pdjang/nmms/

I'll update the page as soon as the Italian FIN publishes their results.

I know that we will do a better job in Stanford!!

See you in the water,
Philipp

strong440
June 8th, 2004, 08:36 PM
So, anyway, the USA winners of the women's 50 backstroke were Agnes Janet Cederlund and Betty Lorenzi, and the men were Paul Hutinger, Peter Van Dijk, Richard Weick, Tom Geiman, and Derek Robinson. John Van Buren of Canada also won but did not equal the world record he set in Edmonton last month.

The 200 freestyle women winners were Rita Simonton, Suzanne Heim-Bowen, Charlotte Peterson, and (naturally) Nadine Day! The men winers were Frank Grannis, Donald McIntosh, and Jack Groselle.

jim clemmons
June 9th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Results:

http://62.101.83.30/masters2004/index.html

:)

strong440
June 9th, 2004, 06:26 PM
thanx jim,

The results are all there, including splits and everything you want to know. That includes the no shows (NS) and the (NT), those whose times were slower than the qualifying times. And yes, those who were DQed

strong440
June 10th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Today's winners from the USA in the 3K Open Waterare George Brunstadt the only man, and two women, Suzanne Heim-Bowen, and Marcia (I think it is) Barry. If the complete results are available, I couldn't find them.