PDA

View Full Version : Breaststroke videos

swimr4life
April 30th, 2004, 10:16 AM
I love the IM but have a weak breaststroke! I was wondering if anyone has bought any of the videos/DVD's on breaststroke technique. Were they helpful?

breastroker
May 2nd, 2004, 12:34 AM
There ae two very good DVD videos on breaststroke, both will help you.

Go Swim Breaststroke has Dave Denniston and Glenn Mills and is the one i recommend the most.

Breaststroke with Ed Moses from USa swiming is also very good, just too advanced for most.

I also have many ideas that will help you on my web site:
www.breaststroke.info

Coach Wayne McCauley

Bob McAdams
May 2nd, 2004, 04:53 AM
I originally learned breaststroke from the Total Immersion Butterfly and Breaststroke video (which is now part of their Four Strokes Made Easy DVD). The Go Swim DVD, which somebody else mentioned, is also good, although it is at a somewhat more advanced level. (It's along the lines of here are some points to focus on while your coach is having you swim breaststroke laps, and therefore assumes that you already know more or less how to do breaststroke.) I'm not sure I would have been ready for the Go Swim DVD if I hadn't already been through the Total Immersion video.

swimr4life
May 2nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
Thank-you so much Wayne and Bob! I'm going to try the videos and Wayne's website! :D Hopefully, they will help me!