PDA

View Full Version : May I brag???

Conniekat8
May 3rd, 2004, 02:07 PM
We had the best Regional championships this weekend.

My coach won the SPMA Coach of the Year award. YAY!
I'm so happy for him. :D

Our team placed first, almost 500 points ahead of the 2nd place team.

I swam all personal bests, even with my arm in major pain (after about 8 Aleeve I could not feel much, so I swam well)

Finally went under :35 in 50 free (34:6...) - 1 second drop
100 Free 1:16.42 - I'm so jazzed about this one... 2.5 second drop.
Dropped a few seconds on 200 free...
And dropped 18 seconds on 500 free
Swam a 1000 for the first time, and went faster than I thought I would, even though it was my warm-up event.
And.. did 50 backstroke for the very first time. I wasn't ready for that one, but figured I'd try. I was really worried about getting DQ'd, cause I haven't really practiced starts and turns on that one much.

Well, thanks for letting me brag! :)

londoner62
May 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Massive swims girl!!!!!! Congrats and don't worry about being DQ'd on the little swims, it really sucks when you swim 4 or 800 to find out you moved early @ the start!

Conniekat8
May 3rd, 2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks!
Well, I didn;'t get DQ'd on the 50 Back... I was jsut freaked out that I would do something wrong, and might get DQ'd. I went slowly and carefuly, and managed to finish it.... in whopping 49 odd seconds ;)... but didn't get DQ'd.
It was okay, there were only 2 of us in that age group in that event, so I got 2nd place, and some points for the team. So... mission accomplished by just showing up and not getting DQ'd.

Although, I got one of the relays I was in DQ'd the day before :( They tell me I hopped in too early :(. I find that one little hard to believe cause I'm not a sprinter or a snappy starter... but it is what it is. Bummer.