PDA

View Full Version : A question about regulations.

Grandot
September 3rd, 2017, 06:42 PM
Hello. Im new to the forum and had a question about competing in Masters category.

I am currently 32yo and still compete. Went to the FINA WC in Budapest last month and all. (Not in the US team).

I want to start competing in Masters but still keep a foot in elite/absolute (not sure whats it called in English). I know you can not participate in both the normal FINA WC and the Masters WC.

But, can I go to, lets say, the 2018 Pan American Masters Championship AND after to the FINA WC in December? Or is there a period of time I can not compete after swimming at a Masters event?

I haven't found the regulations for it. So if anyone can enlighten me or point me in the right direction It would be much appreciated.

Best Regards.

Evan Ekman
September 3rd, 2017, 07:32 PM
I am not a rules expert, but I can think of several examples that would suggest that swimming in a masters championship meet will not disallow you from swimming in a FINA championship meet after. Example: Nathan Adrian swam in our spring masters National Championship (May) and shortly after swam in USA National Championships then FINA World Championships (July).

orca1946
September 5th, 2017, 07:06 PM
That would seem to be fine by my reading of rules.