PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Workouts

Rodrigo
May 10th, 2004, 11:12 AM
HI! I'm interested in some beginner workouts 'cause there are too many workouts listed but none of them seems to be aimed at beginners so i have no idea what to do.Also, it's been a while since i trained for the last time (aprox. 2 years) and i'm in very bad shape -put up 25 pounds and wanna lose weight. Im thinking of doing some additional running, hikig, etc cause i like it and i also get bored very easily.Can anyone help?

Mo Chambers
May 13th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Hi Rodrigo:

Congratulations on your jump back into the pool.

The workouts posted are rather challenging, even for experienced swimmers. To get started, I suggest that you pick any of the posted workouts and simply do as much as you can. For example, do the warm-up and then some (or all) of the next "drill" or technique set. Take plenty of rest, focus on your technique and go easy! Then do the warm-down.

Eventually, you'll be up for tackling some of the longer main sets. You'll see the most improvement if you can get in the water at least three times a week. If possible, find a coach to evaluate your technique to keep you injury free and improve the efficiency of your strokes.

Your cross-training is a great idea! Keep up the great work!

MO