PDA

View Full Version : Ga Games

swimr4life
May 13th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know why there will be no Masters Swimming (pool)at the Ga Games? I think it is great that there will be an open water race but, I was disappointed that there won't be a pool competition.:(

tjburk
May 14th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Beth, don't know this for sure,but I think it has to do with Nats being in Aug. Last year GA Games were in July, which if it were again this year would be a good warm-up for Nats. Either that or no one answered up for it. There also is not one scheduled for the kids this year:confused: By the way...Great Swims in Indy!

swimr4life
May 14th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Thank-you Tracy! :D

tjburk
May 14th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Just checked the GA Games sight, they do have age group swimming back in there! :D Not Masters though :confused:

Rob Copeland
May 14th, 2004, 10:28 AM
I’m not sure if the kids swimming listed for the State Games is valid. The date is the same as the USA-S State 14&Under championships at Dynamo. Now there may have been some late breaking news, but as far as I have heard the only GA State Games Swimming will be the Open Water 1K, 3K, and 5K for both Masters and USA-S.

I hope to see ya’ll in Peachtree City for the event!

The reason for not holding a pool event this year has less to do with Nationals in Savannah than it had to do with low turnouts in the past year and the event director’s decision not to run the meet this year. Hopefully we can have a great turnout for the open water swim and make it a recurring event.

Rob Copeland
July 8th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Just a quick reminder that registration closes on July 23rd for the Georgia State Games Open Water Championship.

Event entries can be found at:
www.georgiagames.org

or on Active.com at:
www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1135535