PDA

View Full Version : Missing Ion



nyswim
May 14th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Where is Ion when we need him?!

From The Race Club site (me being GH Jr.):

Alex Popov versus me: head to head in the 50 LONG COURSE freestyle. Popov has the world record in the event and did it in a time trial - in an empty pool. I have the American record and the second fastest time in history… and the fastest time in competition. (I put forth the challenge to Popov right now, calling him out on this one.)

Tom Ellison
May 14th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Wow, reading this post...it sure looks and reads a lot like Ion used to write.....a whole lot....Heck, even Ralph thought so...;)

swimr4life
May 14th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Goooo Gary! I can't wait til the Olympic Trials and the Olympics. I think Gary and Popov better not forget Sabir! According to the Race Club website, he swam a 19.44 not rested! Could he break 19 shaved and tapered?!

Popov21.0
May 14th, 2004, 01:22 PM
I will race. But only in Evian water filled pool. Also you have a big disadvantage my friend. Big head will slow you down. Like drowning turtle.

Yes we make turtle soup out of you. Go shave head pretty boy. I still win.

swimr4life
May 14th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I think somebody is having fun! Very funny! ;)

Popov21.0
May 14th, 2004, 02:09 PM
See this my friend. This is what you will look at when you finish. I will have begun celebration, long before your pitiful fingers come close to touch pad.

I don't wear ballet pants either. Like a girl, you swim with the tights on. Perhaps this saves you from the drowning. Train hard my little ballerina friend.

Rob Copeland
May 14th, 2004, 02:48 PM
How did he do it?????

According to GH II - "Popov has the world record in the event and did it in a time trial - in an empty pool"

I don’t know about the rest of you, but diving into an empty pool seems very painful. I wonder if he would have been faster if they put water in the pool:p

Tom Ellison
May 14th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I'm lost again....



So it Ralph...

Conniekat8
May 14th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Rob Copeland
How did he do it?????

According to GH II - "Popov has the world record in the event and did it in a time trial - in an empty pool"

I don’t know about the rest of you, but diving into an empty pool seems very painful. I wonder if he would have been faster if they put water in the pool:p

I think water slows people down! :p
Right, Ralph?

Tom Ellison
May 14th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Ralph said NOTHING is always better....

old dog
May 14th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Tom,
I think everyone is now ready to meet Mr Moose....
and don't tell me Ralph will be jealous!

Mark in MD
May 15th, 2004, 07:17 PM
NEXT!

Maybe Ralph should go first.

Conniekat8
May 16th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Hi O'Doggie ;)
I met Mr. Moose, and he is a very nice Moose.

Conniekat8
May 16th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Mark in MD
NEXT!

Maybe Ralph should go first.

Ralph can't come out right now, he's over in the corner playing with Mr. Moose.

Tom Ellison
May 17th, 2004, 08:49 AM
In reality, (pun) there is an entire cast of characters in there that have never introduced themselves to the USMS discussion forum. Most notably, Mr. Moose, Wilber the Moose and Elmer Gulespie. Ralph and this merry cast of characters ride around America in Elmer’s 1968 VW Camper transporting their off the wall humor to children and swimmers everywhere. Mr. Moose, Wilber the Moose, Elmer and Ralph bring joy and laughter everywhere they travel. Perhaps I can coax them to introduce themselves to our family of USMS posters….. For all to enjoy. ….

Mr. Moose is a nice Moose….Wilber the Moose has serious Moose breath, Elmer whittles wooden Stroke & Turn Judges and Ralph, well….Ralph is Ralph…Is not, he is you…is not, is to, not, to…

tjburk
May 17th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Sounds like Ralph could have been a member of the "Ogdenetzel Wialea Blues Ensemble Mondo Presario Band" Does he play any instruments? :D

Mark in MD
May 17th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Maybe he's an organist. Hopefully not. No money in it. :p

Scansy
May 17th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Sounds crowded in there!:)

Tom Ellison
May 17th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Oh no, it’s not crowded at all….Gosh, there is room for many more of us in here…Folks like Hubby Cow, Mrs. Magillacutty and Iron Head Harold are in here to….

Leonard Jansen
May 17th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Tom Ellison
Oh no, it’s not crowded at all….Gosh, there is room for many more of us in here…Folks like Hubby Cow, Mrs. Magillacutty and Iron Head Harold are in here to….

(Crawling under desk and getting into fetal position) Make it stop. Please make it stop.

-LBJ

Tom Ellison
May 17th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Done...

Conniekat8
May 17th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Leonard Jansen


(Crawling under desk and getting into fetal position) Make it stop. Please make it stop.

-LBJ

Don't worry, Mr. Moose is a very nice Moose, he'll keep them from hurting you.
Naw, naw, come out and play with the rest of us. It'll all be okay!

tjburk
May 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Leonard...don't fight it!!!! Enjoy the voices!!! They're your friends! Just don't listen to them when they talk about going naked at the pool!!! I found out first hand, that no one else that day heard them! Cops didn't think it was funny either!:D

Tom Ellison
May 17th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Tracy:
I bet the girls thought it was very funny....

DocWhoRocks
May 17th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Tom Ellison
Tracy:
I bet the girls thought it was very funny....

Well they did glance down and laugh uncontrollably :p

Tom Ellison
May 17th, 2004, 05:05 PM
My point to a tee.....:D

tjburk
May 17th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Y'all been peeking in my winder? I've heard of a peeping TOM, but never a peeping DOC!:D Must have been the day I swam with the Polar Bear Club!!!! Otherwise....of course....you would have been impressed:D

Scansy
May 17th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by tjburk
Y'all been peeking in my winder? I've heard of a peeping TOM, but never a peeping DOC!:D Must have been the day I swam with the Polar Bear Club!!!! Otherwise....of course....you would have been impressed:D

Hmmmmm.... You may have uncovered the only good arguement for a very warm pool!:D

Leonard Jansen
May 18th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by tjburk
Leonard...don't fight it!!!! Enjoy the voices!!! They're your friends! Just don't listen to them when they talk about going naked at the pool!!! I found out first hand, that no one else that day heard them! Cops didn't think it was funny either!:D

The only time I worry about the voices is when they conflict with my marching orders from She Who Must Be Obeyed, the Ukrainian She-Devil. I am more interested in finding out "Kenneth, what's the frequency?"

-LBJ

swimr4life
May 19th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Leonard, you are a very, very wise man!;)

sparx35
May 20th, 2004, 05:05 PM
yea where did ion get to?although oppinionated i got on with him fine...

Howard
May 21st, 2004, 12:01 PM
he was banned for a period of time and I think has continued staying away on his own.

Tom Ellison
May 21st, 2004, 03:28 PM
Hey Ion, Ralph, Mr. Moose & I want you to come back...

pmbchill
June 30th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Banned for what?

swimr4life
July 1st, 2004, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure he's really banned. I think it is his choice. Please let this thread wade away!;)

Howard
July 1st, 2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by swimr4life
I'm not sure he's really banned. I think it is his choice. Please let this thread wade away!;)

You are both correct. He was banned officially but now stays away on his own.

Tom Ellison
July 2nd, 2004, 07:07 AM
Well, I miss him and so does Mr. Moose & Ralph.....