PDA

View Full Version : Need info on training suits

James
May 17th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Hi all,
I was thinking about buying a Speedo full body poly Training suits anyone have any info on them; sizing, how long they last, general info. thanks for the help.

aquageek
May 17th, 2004, 02:27 PM
I've never heard of a full body training suit. What would be the advantage? Seems a lot of effort to put on every day when a good old regular drag suit would serve the purpose.

James
May 17th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I found this suit at www.swim2000.com under training suits. If you have time please look and tell me what you think.

Thanks aquageek.
:D

aquageek
May 17th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Now that's interesting. I wonder if they are a big pain to put on list Fastskin?

James
May 17th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by aquageek
Now that's interesting. I wonder if they are a big pain to put on list Fastskin?

I am just wondering what you said with this quote:confused:

aquageek
May 17th, 2004, 03:51 PM
list = like

Sorry about that.

James
June 2nd, 2004, 01:50 PM
I setup this post but I have another question. Does anyone know if i sould use this product in compition. I tried to look on the website in the rule book but I could not bring up the .pdf file.
Please let me know before my wife buys it for me for my birthday.

thanks
james

Howard
June 2nd, 2004, 02:57 PM
You can wear in in competition if you like. I've seen the fullbody workout suits advertised. I'm still trying to understand why you'd want one.

Ken Classen
June 2nd, 2004, 03:05 PM
James,

The full body competitive suits such as the Speedo Fastskin or the TYR Aqua Shift suits are both expensive and very delicate. They are intended for competition only! In fact it's is recommended to get the full effect from these products to keep the suit dry until the start of your race. If you train in a Fastskin you will ware it out prematurely (big $'s down the drain) and if you warm-up in the suit it may not be dry when you start the race. Hence Speedo came up with these Polyester full body training suits to simulate the feel of the Fastskin in training/warm-up and allow you to save your Fastskin for racing that matters. FYI - there is no rule preventing you from using the full body training suit in competition although it may be slower then a conventional suit as they don't have the high tech water resistant fabric of the competition Fastskins. As these products our new I have no idea how long they will last however polyester may be one of the least bio degradable substances on the planet in other words it lasts forever, however watch out for nylon and lycra lining etc. It will deteriorate long before the polyester.

Howard
June 2nd, 2004, 03:20 PM
I don't see how they can possibly give you the same feel. Different material and certainly more drag. Unless you are just trying to get used to having something on your arms and legs. I might be able to see that.

Unless it's a modesty thing, I'd save your money and go with a standard suit.

James
June 2nd, 2004, 03:36 PM
no its not a modesty thing. I can't see paying $300 or even $200 dollars for something that I can only use 4 times. OK its not as slick as a fastskin but any help with the 4 inch body hair will be an improvement.

Howard
June 2nd, 2004, 04:51 PM
It may not be a help. If that thing starts to droop or get soggy then you'll be much heavier than without.

sparx35
June 2nd, 2004, 05:16 PM
i think youve already made up your own mind...but as for me a simple pair of tyr swimshorts do just fine.....i only wear suits to surf in atlantic in cornwall.....

Domene
June 2nd, 2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by James
no its not a modesty thing. I can't see paying $300 or even $200 dollars for something that I can only use 4 times. OK its not as slick as a fastskin but any help with the 4 inch body hair will be an improvement.

Why don't you just shave it?
Much cheaper ;)

James
June 3rd, 2004, 09:53 AM
I started this post to get information on this product because I knew nothing about it. I knew the suit was made of polyester, but I thought the suit was to mimic the fastskin or other full body suits. I jsut can't see paying that kind of money and only using the product 3 or 4 times. maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you can get more use out of it. I might get the fastskin if I can get some tips on how to make it last longer. Does anyone know of any place where i might be able to get a fastskin somewhat inexpensive?

btw, to the last poster, tried shaving once. can't stand the itching and the nicks and cuts. To all you ladies out there, how you can shave your legs 3-4 times a week i will never know. I can't stand to shave my face more than once every 2 weeks. Hence, my avatar.

msgrupp
June 3rd, 2004, 10:52 AM
two possible solutions to 4" long hair
1. waxing
2. dipilatory (chemical removal of hair with a creme)--Nair

As for women shaving legs 3-4 times a week--something you just get used to. Also--many products now on the market to eliminate the scrapes and cuts on the skin. Try using shaving cream (gel or foam), even hair conditioner is supposed to be good, to cut down on the friction and make it easier to shave.

aquageek
June 3rd, 2004, 02:23 PM
Are you saying you have body hair, not head hair, that is 4" long? That is remarkable.

James
June 3rd, 2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by aquageek
Are you saying you have body hair, not head hair, that is 4" long? That is remarkable.

Well, thats streching the truth a bit but its the fact that its all over my body. I can't stand to shave but I just might have to.

AnnG
June 4th, 2004, 03:09 AM
I have a fastskin suit for competition, I have used it a lot more than 4 times and it has held up fine; but once its on for the day it stays on - the material is very thin and body conforming, its just part of my skin til I am finished competing for the day.

James
June 4th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks AnnG, but I'm thinking about the compition suit from Nike. I can't beleave there is much of a difference in the two but the name. At $124. how can you beat it.