PDA

View Full Version : Any Brown U alums here?

swimpastor
May 17th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Class of 75. Joe Watmaugh thought I was going to swim, but I changed my mind right before season started freshman year.

James
May 18th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I'm a huge Cleveland Browns fan. Is that good enough?:D

mattson
May 18th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by James

Bite your tongue. I was wearing my Brown (U) parka, and someone asked if I liked the Browns. As someone who grew up in Pittsburgh in the '70s, I was tempted to smack them upside the head. :p

Class of '92. Not close to Div I material (never made it to Easterns), but Ed Reed would find an open lane in meets if you put in the work in practice. I ran into Chris Wood (former assistant coach, still in RI ??) in Tempe last year.

swimpastor
May 18th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I know the feeling. One of the local high schools here is A.L. Brown. People ask me if my Brown bumper sticker refers to that school.

When you swam for Ed he had been at Brown for twenty years! Gosh am I ever old. I'll be at homecoming this coming fall and look forward to diving back into that great pool.

Go Bruno

swimpastor
May 18th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Mark Mattson is a pseudonym for "mean Joe (chlorine) Green."

Scansy
May 18th, 2004, 09:14 PM

Sounds like a personality flaw to me James! Go Steelers!:D

James
May 19th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Scansy

Sounds like a personality flaw to me James! Go Steelers!:D

OK, I know that this a discussion for swimming but them are fightin words!!! Cowboy up Scansy, I'll be gunnin for you in the fall!:cool: GO BROWNS, death to Pukesburg:D

swimpastor
May 19th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Should be a pretty fair contest, I suspect, unless one or the other of you are hitherto unreported transsexuals. whereupon it may, or then again it may not be, an unfair contest.

James
May 19th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by swimpastor
Should be a pretty fair contest, I suspect, unless one or the other of you are hitherto unreported transsexuals. whereupon it may, or then again it may not be, an unfair contest.

If this is the case for me, then my wife is a blind woman. But she always thought there was something wrong with me:D

mattson
May 19th, 2004, 04:10 PM
OK, I know that this a discussion for swimming but them are fightin words!!! Cowboy up Scansy, I'll be gunnin for you in the fall!:cool: GO BROWNS, death to Pukesburg:D

Why are you bringing the Dallas Cowboys into this? :p

I remember seeing a t-shirt, with the title "The only sign of intelligent life in Cleveland." It was a highway sign saying "Pittsburgh 90 miles ->". :D

swimpastor
May 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
This is very Brown U. The thought here is all 'deconstructed,' which is what Brown has been all about since the 60's. By the way, if its "fightin' we're a wanting," as we say here in North Carolina, "frends don't let frends go to Dook."

Scansy
May 19th, 2004, 04:33 PM

I was happy the Browns came back to the NFL a few years ago - it gave me a team to hate again! Although I can hate the Ravens pretty easily too.

Cleveland is an OK city though. I have a lot of family there and have spent some time in and around the area. The flats is a cool place to hang out.

By the way James, you are from North Central PA - are you closer to Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Buffalo? Where in NC PA are you? We have a family cabin in Cameron County (near Sinnemahoning) - I love the area. Wish I could spend more time there.

James
May 20th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Scansy

By the way James, you are from North Central PA - are you closer to Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Buffalo? Where in NC PA are you? We have a family cabin in Cameron County (near Sinnemahoning) - I love the area. Wish I could spend more time there.

I live about 20 minutes north of Wellsboro, PA in Tioga county, northeast of Sinnemahoning. I was a real estate sales agent in Potter County and had showed some property in that area. Beautiful country down there. Let me know if you would ever like to sell it, i would love to list it.;)