PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Pan-Pacs

Matt S
May 6th, 2002, 06:16 PM
All that chattering about 2003 Nationals got me wondering. I had a lovely time and a great meet at Perth in 1999. Has anyone heard anything about Pan-Pacific Masters in 2003?

Matt

Philip Arcuni
May 6th, 2002, 07:03 PM
There is a discussion about this in the Spring issue of Streamlines by Phil Whitten and later in the issue in the summary of what was discussed at the worlds. It is a pretty interesting discussion about whether or not USMS should host it, and where, and when.

If I read it correctly, the 2001 version in Korea (though the text says 2002) was cancelled because of 9/11, and so no location for the next meet in 2003 was agreed to (though the text says 2004, I am confused about this.)

Matt S
May 7th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Phil,

Appreciate the news. Since I don't get Streamlines, was there any mention of who precisely is tracking this? FINA? Whose web site should I check from time to time to determine if/when/where it will be held next?

Matt

Philip Arcuni
May 7th, 2002, 02:37 PM
FINA is definitely tracking it. I read the Streamlines from a link on this site, and I have no idea where to look to get the most up-to-date information. I am sure someone in the USMS structure will have this site information, if anyone has.

Rob Copeland
May 7th, 2002, 03:53 PM
I would suggest that you e-mail Phil Whitten, Chair of the USMS International Committee, at international@usms.org.
OR June Krauser, USMS/FINA liaison, at FINArep@usms.org.

I would think one of them would be able to provide additional information.

swim64
May 28th, 2002, 05:01 AM
Don't know about the Pan-Pacs, but the ASPAC Masters Games are in the Gold Coast, Aussie in September this year. swimming is from 27 - 29 Sept at Southport. Great place for a holiday in the sun.

David E. Morrill
November 17th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Yes... Pan Pacs will "suffer" the same fate as LATyCAR & ALL AMERICAS... anyway you probably should contact Mary Sweeney about their fate...
<marysweeney@acenet.net.au>