PDA

View Full Version : Savannah

Howard
May 27th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Who's going to Savannah? I'm trying to get an idea if this is going to be a big nationals, average or small. Is Italy going to have an impact on whether you go to nationals?

Rob Copeland
May 27th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Iíll be there! So there will be at least 1. But you may get a better idea about how many folks are attending by contacting, Scott Rabalais. His contact information is on:
www.usms.org/comp/lcnats04/

tjburk
May 27th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I'll be there!

matysekj
May 27th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Make that 2 - I'll be there.

I can't officially speak for Scott, but I would hope that the entire membership does NOT flood his inbox with questions on how many entries he thinks there will be. I can't see how his crystal ball is any better than anyone elses. I've been tracking on line entries for the past 11 national championships and can tell you the following:

Between 60 and 75 percent of all entries will be received via on line entry.
About 60% of the on line entries will be received in the final week, and 10 to 30% will be received on the final day.
While we don't have similar stats for the paper entries, these seem to follow the same general pattern.
People tend to enter the LC nationals meets later in the entry period than they do for the SC nationals. My guess is that this is because they haven't swum a LC meet yet this year, and may not have gotten into a LC pool yet.

With the entry deadline 42 days away from today and most entries normally coming in much later in the cycle, I don't see how anyone can tell you how big the meet will be. We all expected the Rutgers meet to be a huge meet last year, and it turned out to be a smaller one. No one can really predict these things with great accuracy. My guess is that it will be an average sized LC nationals with just under a thousand swimmers attending, but that is pure speculation on my part.

Glenn
May 27th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Count me in - I'm aging up!!!

Betsy
May 27th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Our team (VMST) thinks there will be a large representation from Virginia. I'm going to Italy, but plan to go to Savannah also since it is within driving distance.
Betsy Durrant

swimshark
May 28th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Count me in, too. We'll have a few from Oregon going.

born2fly
May 28th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Just made my reservations, so I will be there. Looking forward to the road trip.

See ya in Savannah,
greg