PDA

View Full Version : Workouts for under an hour

kpb4
May 27th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Hi.
I am a D3 college swimmer who is looking for some summer workout ideas. The problem is that I work a full time job, and with that and the few hours the pool is open, I at most have an hour to swim. Any good suggestions that can keep me in modest shape before the next season?

Thanks!

jim clemmons
May 27th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I'd just check these out and see what it is you feel like doing based on your time constraints. There must be close to a hundred different workouts listed.

Tough Love - By Jeremy Kipp
New School meets Old School: Have Fun Training Hard? by Kipp

Out of the Box and Into the Pool - By Mo Chambers
Creative Workouts for the Improving Swimmer by Mo Chambers

Evolution of Speed - By Nate McBride
Beat the clock and be the first one in the jacuzzi - endurance, stroke, speed and accomplishment by n8.

They are located at the top of the forum you posted in.

Jim

Rob Copeland
May 28th, 2004, 09:16 AM
You may also want to look into hooking up with a local Masters team. Most of us Masters have full time jobs, so our workouts are structured around working folks.

In addition to getting a good workout, itís a good way to make contacts with people in the business world who may be able to help you find a job in the real world, once you graduate.

If you let us know where you live, we can try to hook you up with a club.

kpb4
May 30th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Im in cleveland, oh near CWRU. I know there was a masters team swimming out of the university but i believe they are ending for the summer, though i could be wrong.

thanks!