PDA

View Full Version : Free Time Converter

Bert Bergen
June 5th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Since Swiminfo.com has seen fit to create a "members only" section for their most captivating stories and information, Collegeswimming.com has revamped their website to include a free time converter from scy to scm to lcm. The site also looks to be expanded and more inclusive of even non-college swimming. We'll see. Maybe a little competition will help swiminfo.com to pull their collective heads out. Enjoy.

emmett
June 5th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Where exactly ARE their heads over there at swiminfo.com?

They spend money providing content. If they are providing a service that is valuable to the swimming community, why should they provide all of it for free? No one expects them to give away their magazines for free. It makes perfect sense to experiment with charging fees for their web site (and making a profit).

Personally, I hope the experiment is a great success. If so, they will be able to offer even higher levels of service. Who knows, with enough members, at some point they might be able to offer something like near-real-time streaming video coverage of big meets like Worlds (that everyone is currently scraping to barely get text results from). Or interviews and chats with winning athletes and coaches.

Providing valuable information (like providing pool spacetime) is NEVER free. SOMEBODY picks up the tab - why not the end user every now and then?

londoner62
June 6th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I prefer http://www.pullbuoy.co.uk/time.html for working out my conversions.

breastroker
June 8th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Bert,
I thought when you posted Free Time Converter that you meant I could get some more free time to do things I like. Boy was I dissapointed.

Bert, email me about the Chico web site

strong440
June 8th, 2004, 08:59 PM
If'n swim times were in second's only you'd have the 1.1, 1.11, or 1.111 (your choice) converter in your head.