PDA

View Full Version : Swimming instruction

John Natale
June 7th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I am looking for a one (or two) week camp that would teach proper swimming techniques for triathlon swimmers. I am a novice swimmer but want to learn the right way. Any suggestions? I live in CT.

Jungle Shark
June 7th, 2004, 05:50 PM
John, there are Masters camps/clinic at local universities during the summertime. You may want to try goswim.tv as they have camps in NY. Glenn Mills is a superb coach/swimmer. Good luck.

Bob McAdams
June 8th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Total Immersion runs weekend freestyle workshops, and many of the attendees are triathletes who are trying to improve the swimming leg of their races. They have workshops scheduled this month in Brewster, NY and Queens, NY. The workshops don't last an entire week, because they have developed a program that allows them to teach it in a single weekend. You can get follow-up training down the road, either by attending another weekend workshop or by getting private training from one of their certified coaches.

Total Immersion is also running a week-long triathlon camp, which covers all aspects of triathlon competition, in Kilington, VT in August.

For more information on either of these, visit their website at:

//www.totalimmersion.net