PDA

View Full Version : Swimsuit tips during Meet

Jungle Shark
June 12th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Hello. I'm going to use either aquablade or fastskin during a 2 day meet coming up. Is it better to use 1 suit during warm-up and switch to another suit during the race? Is it possible to just have 1 swimsuit (for warm-up and race) during the entire meet without any disadvantages? Any other swimming swimming tips would be appreciated.

Bob McAdams
June 12th, 2004, 05:40 PM
It depends on what style of aquablade/fastskin you're planning to use. If you're going to be wearing a full body suit, there's an advantage to getting up on the blocks with the suit still dry, since it will take time for the material to absorb water, so you will have finished part of your heat before you start dragging all that water along with you. But if you're going to be wearing a brief, the importance of this factor is likely to be minimal.

Jungle Shark
June 13th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Thanks, Bob.

I'll be wearing Fastskin Legskin or Jammer. Also, I have a new Aquablade suit (knees and body - shoulders not covered). I guess with the legskin or jammer, it won't be much of a factor. But I'll be using the aquablade suit while it's dry. Thanks again.