PDA

View Full Version : Controversy !!!

Conniekat8
June 14th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Okay, it's too quiet in here...
Just trying to stir something up. :p

I'm digressing into a ramble....
One thing I mentioned to my teammates while in Italy... Since I started swimming masters, the idea was to get my endurance up.
Instead, my alcohol tolerance had gone waaaay up.
Masters swimmers do know how to party :D

I think I'll save my best performances for the non-travelling regional meets, and save the trips to nationals and similar for partying.

Maybe in few years when I get better, I'll worry about actually performing at a national meet. For now, it's a great vacation.

sparx35
June 14th, 2004, 05:18 PM
so wheres the controversy?

DocWhoRocks
June 14th, 2004, 05:19 PM
If ya really want to improve your drinking tolerance - drink at altitude. I'm no where near the drunk I was in college. But 'back in the day.....'

Went to school at 7200'. Lived in a house with a 2 story beer bong (we drilled a hole through the floor for it) - yes parited a 'little bit ;)' . Would take about 1/5 of 40% alcohol to get sloppy drunk. When I'd visit the parents (lived at sea level) trying to get drunk was useless. Could down a 1/5 in a couple hrs. and be just buzzed.

As for swimming & endurance, altitude will also help with that. First week I was practicing at 7200' I've never felt my lungs burn sooooooo much.

Oh yeah controversy ummm... I'm the bestest at everything there is! :p

sparx35
June 14th, 2004, 05:23 PM
if your bestest im bestestest!!!!!!!!!!!!so there!!!!!!!!

sparx35
June 14th, 2004, 05:25 PM
so now im arguing....get OVER IT!!!!!!

sparx35
June 14th, 2004, 05:26 PM
did my posts rating just go up by 3?

sparx35
June 14th, 2004, 05:27 PM
or was that 4?

sparx35
June 14th, 2004, 05:52 PM
sorry about that.... i'll just go now then should i?:D

pmbchill
June 14th, 2004, 07:58 PM
So where IS the controversy?

Conniekat8
June 14th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by sparx35
so wheres the controversy?

I need a partner in crime for that.
Ummm, feel like getting picked on, I can do that, ya know ;)
Wanna have a pretend fight?

Okay, I'm being silly today. Too much pizza over last couple of weeks ;)

Conniekat8
June 14th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by DocWhoRocks
If ya really want to improve your drinking tolerance - drink at altitude. I'm no where near the drunk I was in college. But 'back in the day.....'

Went to school at 7200'. Lived in a house with a 2 story beer bong (we drilled a hole through the floor for it) - yes parited a 'little bit ;)' . Would take about 1/5 of 40% alcohol to get sloppy drunk. When I'd visit the parents (lived at sea level) trying to get drunk was useless. Could down a 1/5 in a couple hrs. and be just buzzed.

As for swimming & endurance, altitude will also help with that. First week I was practicing at 7200' I've never felt my lungs burn sooooooo much.

Oh yeah controversy ummm... I'm the bestest at everything there is! :p

I heard altitide does that. I rally need ot work on my cardio, maybe I should visit my friends in high places.

Oh, yea, one of the nights in Italy I got drunk with my dad. That was the firts I saw him in 17 years. There was a whole group of us, and my mom and dad joined us. My dad knows 5 milion jokes, and I got to translate them.

Controversy... How can you top the Hypothetical transsexual category I made few weeks ago. Although, I'd prefer the hermaphrodite, I could have a lot of fun with myself that way :P
Hypothetically, of course! :eek:
:D ;) :p

pmbchill
June 14th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Do your parents live in Italy?

Scansy
June 14th, 2004, 09:56 PM
It has been slow in here lately.:(

Here is my attempt at controversy - Breaststrokers rule, freestylers are wimps....

Or is it the other way around????

Or maybe backstrokers are the best????

We know it isn't the butterflyers. They must ba crazy!

How about this one - Coke vs. Pepsi????

McDonalds vs. Burger King???

Mushrooms vs. pepperoni????

Tom vs. Mr. Moose????

Yankees vs. Red Sox - nah, sorry I even brought either of them up!

Smarty Jones vs. Birdstone???

Sprint vs. distance???

Lakers vs. Pistons???

Somebody else please help my come up with a good topic!!!!! I'm trying my best here!!!!:)

Peter Cruise
June 14th, 2004, 10:28 PM
o.k., how about this: who would win in a 50m free style race between Bush and Kerry and why...

Scansy
June 14th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Wow, I wanted to put a Bush/Kerry reference in, but DID NOT want to turn this into a serious political discussion. You figured out how to do it!

But this is a serious topic......:rolleyes:

I don't know who would win, but where would they find the Secret Service agents to swim in the lanes next to them with a bullet proof vest, hand gun, dark sunglasses, etc.

Whoever did win, just might lock up my vote!

pmbchill
June 14th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Kerry. Bush would have his father call in sick for him and later lie that he actually showed up AND won. Mission accomplished. No swimmer left behind!

Conniekat8
June 15th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by pmbchill
Do your parents live in Italy?

They live in Croatia, which is just next door to Italy.

Tom Ellison
June 15th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Mr. Moose IS Tom....No he is not....Ralph is....

Naaaaa, we all are.....

knelson
June 15th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Peter Cruise
o.k., how about this: who would win in a 50m free style race between Bush and Kerry and why...

I'd go for Kerry because he's so tall.

...and Bush would probably bang his head on the bottom of the pool when he dove in!

aquageek
June 15th, 2004, 10:25 AM
I would imagine flip turns would be key to Kerry's race. I mean you can't win a race without going one way, flipping around, and then going the other way, can you?

tjburk
June 15th, 2004, 10:42 AM
You got it Geek!!! Kerry would get stuck in the middle of the pool, just flipping around, not knowing which way to go!!!!!:D

tjburk
June 15th, 2004, 10:43 AM
He would look like a fish on the deck of a boat just flopping around!!!!!:D

Leonard Jansen
June 15th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Possible outcomes to a Kerry/Bush swim race:

1) Never happen because they would award Hallibuton the contract to build the pool in a non-competitive bid and after endless delays and cost overruns, Bush could just abandon the race and declare victory.

2) Bush would win because Katherine Harris would be placed in charge of timing.

3) Never happen because Ayatollah General Ashcroft would have Kerry arrested for being involved with a weapon of mass destruction (water) and then trot out survivors of the Johnstown Floods to say that they saw Kerry around the Johnstown Dam.

4) Bush would win because in a race, the guy with the least of something actually wins.

-LBJ

nyswim
June 15th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I am sure if Bush won the Democrats would file suit, lose the case and spend the next 4 years crying about it.

pmbchill
June 15th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Bush would have an intelligence briefing to have the race explained to him and even then its likely he wouldn't understand the part about the turn.

emmett
June 15th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by nyswim
I am sure if Bush won the Democrats would file suit, lose the case and spend the next 4 years crying about it.
Actually, it would be more like 8 years.

knelson
June 15th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Neither would win.

Bush would drill for oil in the deep end and all the water would drain out before the race could be completed :)

aquageek
June 15th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by knelson
Neither would win.

Bush would drill for oil in the deep end and all the water would drain out before the race could be completed :)

Ironically, Kerry would have supported Bush in the drilling until the water was all gone. Then would say he never supported that plan and his new plan is to impose an additional tax on all the other swimmers.

Rob Copeland
June 15th, 2004, 03:05 PM

tjburk
June 15th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Kerry would walk in, scratch his finger, get four Purple Hearts and several other medals he didn't earn, jump out of his lane, shoot the timer (even though he was already wounded and wasn't fighting back), get sent home early for whining and go on to become a democrat (again)!!!!!! :D

pmbchill
June 15th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Kerry at least showed up for duty. Bush had some trouble with that so I doubt he could find the pool! Maybe Jeb could help him. That's how Dubya "won" the race last time.

tjburk
June 15th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Kerry is the only person who has been in D.C. long enough to be on both sides of every issue! Just depends on which audience he is speaking to! Might not agree with Bush every time, but at least you know where he stands!

laineybug
June 15th, 2004, 05:01 PM
I LOVE THE PIC ROB!

zoomer
June 15th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Yes, great picture!

If Kerry wins, he is likely to discard his medals and then protest the meet.

aquageek
June 15th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by zoomer
Yes, great picture!

If Kerry wins, he is likely to discard his medals and then protest the meet.

But, at least we'll know he was at the meet and does not require a dentist's records to vouch for his whereabouts during the meet. After all, USMS is about participation, not about claiming your participated.

Peter Cruise
June 15th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Hey Connie, did I give you what you wanted? Anyway, I think it will be a very close freestyle race, complete with spitting in each other's lane, reaching over the lane line to tug each other's suit down and suchlike. Kerry would have a slight lead with barely a meter to go, but Nader jumps onto his back and slows him down just enough for Bush to squeak through. There is then a vigorous official protest which is handed over to the Romanian judge who awards the race to the latest bloomer.

Conniekat8
June 15th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Tom Ellison
Mr. Moose IS Tom....No he is not....Ralph is....

Naaaaa, we all are.....

One at a time please!!! ;)

Conniekat8
June 15th, 2004, 07:52 PM
You guys are too funny!

Okay, that's enough Mr. Moose, hand over the VOMAX! ;)

Maryyyyyy
June 16th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by pmbchill
Bush would have an intelligence briefing to have the race explained to him and even then its likely he wouldn't understand the part about the turn.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good for words... I'm sending this around masters in Italy!

Tom Ellison
June 16th, 2004, 08:42 AM
One for all...all for one....

Ralph thinks he is himself....Mr. Moose doesn't care....and Tom is still attempting to figure out how many are REALLY IN HERE........

No I am not...I know how many are in here....

Do not......................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Do to......

mattson
June 16th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Kerry will make a comment, that he likes the modern breaststroke, but dislikes breaststroke with a dolphin kick. Then some of Bush's friends will make fun of Kerry for "flip-flopping if he likes breastroke or not". ;)

pmbchill
June 30th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Who will Kerry pick for his "relay"?