PDA

View Full Version : ok so what about swimming?

sparx35
June 23rd, 2004, 06:04 PM
does anyone on here actually love to swim rather than beat someone else at a particular event?or is it the competition that drives you.....another inspiring question from sparx!!!!

Scansy
June 24th, 2004, 07:43 AM
I don't swim in compettitions so I guess I must love to swim. Either that or I hate sleeping and needed a reason to get out of bed early in the morning.:)

DocWhoRocks
June 24th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I don't think it's swimming I love. I think I'm a masochist and it's the pain that swimming causes that I love ;)

Waz
June 25th, 2004, 11:44 AM
I guess it's the whole event of the swim session that really makes it exciting for me... The pleasure of getting home after work, firing the porsche, open windows, open sunroof, rock the sub to the extremes.. reach the pool, valet park, get there with nothing but the goggles and a bottle of water in my hand.. change and stretch.. wait for every damn (!) kid to get out by 7pm+.. splash in and enjoy the streamline of water as I hit wall to wall.. sometimes it's tiring, others i feel like gliding.. the best time is when ppl try to race you... try harder! damn, this russian girl is fast!! she comes in by 8pm sharp every night.. go on for an hour, two maybe till nothing but the stars illuminate my path.. time to go home!

now that's what i call a perfect way to end a day!

wael!

Conniekat8
June 26th, 2004, 03:04 AM
I'm competetive, but I love to just swim.
There's just something about being in water that feels comforting.

Tom Ellison
June 26th, 2004, 11:33 AM
“valet park”…..

Valet park at swim practice….Wow, now there is a novel idea….

“wait for every damn (!) kid to get out by 7pm+..”

I have swam around thousands of kids over the past 15 years….and I have never, ever, never met a DAMN KID….

I have met some really neat kids, kind kids, fast kids, smart kids, adorable kids, sweet kids, tough kids, dedicated kids, hard working kids, incredible kids, shy kids, outgoing kids, tall kids, shorts kids, funny kids....but I never met a DAMN KID....not one time…

Waz
June 26th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Dear Tom,

Maybe i forgot to mention i do my practices in a hotel pool which is the only place around this country where i can find a 25m pool... Which explains the 'valet' issue for you.. Other than it being a free service, it is also the only choice i have to park my car in the hotel.. I cant park it myself!

The online merriam-webster's dictionnay for the word 'damn' includes the meaning as ''often used to express annoyance, disgust, or surprise''... which is what i meant in my previous reply..

Yes, kids can be very annoying at times and i as said, i dont beat them or shout at them or act in any offensive way.. I just watch them play till i have the chance to practice my own..

Now let's go swim for a change...

wael

Tom Ellison
June 26th, 2004, 12:28 PM
I stand corrected….
Kindest regards,
Tom

Waz
June 26th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Tom,

You're cool! :cool:

Thanks!

Wael

dorothyrd
June 27th, 2004, 07:04 AM
I started swimming for the exercise. It makes me feel good. I never intended on competing. For me competing is a lark, a social event to meet new people and a way to keep myself motivated to work-out when it gets tough to find time.

I love the feeling of a good hard work-out that makes you crawl out of the pool and stagger to the showers. Nothing like it!

This summer time has been short and I am only able to get to the pool twice a week. I am supplementing with running and biking, but I am going through some serious chlorine withdrawel. Cannot wait until fall and a more normal schedue!!

Sonic Swimmer78
June 28th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I flat out, openly love to swim. I get a thrill counting every lap I swim at the Aquatic Center. ...As for kids, well I'm fine as long as they don't invade your lane and don't respect your lap swimming! Arrgh!!! From what I hear, swim meets are like Alchohol; very addictive and hard to put down. :p Although I haven't competed in any meets yet, (Being since I've barely joined Masters) I can't wait to swim my first race.