PDA

View Full Version : Hello

chlorine23
June 24th, 2004, 05:34 PM
No one from San Diego-Imperial huh? Any takers?

desertrat
July 22nd, 2004, 11:33 AM
what's shaking

enrique
September 8th, 2004, 09:09 PM
How's it going?

Do you know if there is a Masters Club in Chula Vista?

I've been swimming for some time now, but i've never gone to one, don't know what I have to do to join one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

desertrat
September 9th, 2004, 09:31 PM
simasterswim.org has 4 pools listed for Chula Vista. Chula Vista Recrational center, Loma Verde pool, Parkway pool and South Bay YMCA. Loma Verde and YMCA have workouts M-W-F 6AM to 7AM

chlorine23
March 8th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Hey there!! Good to see a few people here. I'm working on getting into masters swimming. I swam with a USAS team for 8 years. I'm one of those real nervous competitors that goes nuts at the meets, but as soon as I step up to the starting block the nerves go away.

I was really looking forward to a masters meet because I'm thinking it's not the same pressure as teh USAS meets.

Has any one here gone to USA meets in the San Diego-Imperial LSC? Can you tell me how they compare to masters meets?

I'm thinking of going to the March 20th one up in I think it's Mission Viejo. I'm a little out of shape but that's ok.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!
Carrie

CaliBlonde27
May 11th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Yes if you go to the simasterswim.org site they show all the pools/workouts for san diego county, i believe there is one for chula vista----

Does anyone want to form a swim group to meet on weekends in san diego at a local pool??

enrique
May 12th, 2006, 12:03 PM
That would be great !

Weekends, so that nobody has a problem with the ever increasing commuter traffic.

I hope there are more interested swimers out there.

gspire
May 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I was thinking it would be good for a group to meet at La Jolla Cove on Saturday afternoons. Also up for a pool swim too.

cvargas
May 29th, 2006, 12:38 AM
new guy chcecking in..I swam masters for about a year now and have not regretted it. Only problem was that it was on a Navy Base. Maybe I can join you guys for a weekend swim.:) Im located in the Southbay as well.