PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a couple good models...

Dennis Tesch
June 25th, 2004, 10:20 AM
I have been working as a part time masters coach at one the local community pools in our area for the past 12 years. To keep things short, I have had it with a pool management team that is incompetent, ignorant, and has the inability to run an efficient, top revenue generating facility.

This facility is probably one of the nicest facilities in Utah. It has two pools, a 10 lane 25 yard by 25 meter indoor and a 8 lane 50 meter outdoor. It has four sets of locker rooms, weight room, aerobic room, and ice skating arenas. Cost is fairly inexpensive since it is a county owned pool.

I could go into the many things that are fustrating me, as many of you have probably experience before, but I will spare you my diatribe. What I am looking for is your help. If you know of a great facility, that is similar to mine, and is managed efficiently, with good competitive swim programs, water aerobic programs, swim lessons, etc... I would love to talk to such facilities to use them as a model to start my campaign to get things changed.

I appreciate any help.

Dennis Tesch
Utah Masters Swimming

Rob Copeland
June 25th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Dennis

Id suggest you contact Stu Marvin at the ISHOF aquatic complex in Ft. Lauderdale.

Sam Perry
June 25th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Contact Brad Swendig at the City Of Midland Swim Team in Midland, TX. They have built a phenomenal program of all types of aquatic programs in a very small community. The whole facility was built by charitable contributions and they own the entire facitily. Water aerobics, therapy, masters swimming, scuba courses, age group diving (10 meter platform) and age group swimming. He is an excellent resource. Let me know if you want his information and I will email it to you. Their web address is:

http://www.comswim.com/

emmett
June 25th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Brophy East Swim Team (formerly the Phoenix Swim Club)
http://www.brophysportscampus.org/

Sam Perry
June 25th, 2004, 10:04 PM
not to hog this, but I swim at Brophy currently, if you have any questions about that, let me know...