PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Savannah?

meldyck
June 26th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Anyone else from RMM planning on going to Savannah? There are three of us from Snow Mountain Masters registered for the meet (all in the 60-64 age group, two women + one man).

Thanks,

Mel

Rob Nasser
July 14th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Not this time..

Had to make a choice between the Southwestern Zone meet at next year's LC National's site - Mission Viejo, or go this year to Nats in Savannah.. Let me see.. 2 days in California vs. 3 1/2 in Georgia in the middle of summer.... hm.... I will take California! Not to mention that I was able to get far better prices on flights (210 vs. ~280) and rooms (65/night vs. 89/night). Makes more sense all the way around for me. Should be some good competition and a fun meet from what I have heard.

Rob Nasser

joy
July 14th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Read in this forum that there are 1050 swimmers so far going to Georgia. That is alot of swimmers compared to last LC meets.
1 pool with l050 swimmers. Bring your sleeping bags. Looks like the meet will last quite awhile. Not like Indy where we were done by 4:30 5:00 at nite. The time line will be interesting to look at. Hope things get posted soon. They said not till about the end of the month. I'm sure it will be a fun meet like Indy take away the Race Club.

meldyck
July 22nd, 2004, 04:20 PM
Rob,

you're still looking pretty good in the 100 m LC free. Jim has finally cleaned up the display for the year & you are still ranked 3rd. Not bad at altitude. Should improve at Mission Viejo.

Good luck & swim fast!

-- Mel

meldyck
July 28th, 2004, 02:46 PM
I've organized ONE mixed medley relay for the 240-279 age group (Dyck, Dyck, Patten & Murphy-Sherman) at the Savannah LC Nats. Anyone else thinking about possible combinations? The team roster has some pretty good swimmers on it. We should be able to get together some interesting relay possibilities with a little bit of effort.

-- Mel

mabryt
July 29th, 2004, 05:42 PM
If anyone else is interested, I'm game for both medley relays (mixed and male). Other than my affiliation with RMM, I train and compete unattached. I just got back from a meet this past weekend, and I lowered my 50 breast time to 32.67. My age is 26, so, if anyone else is interested in setting up a competitive relay in any age category, and I fit what you're looking for, please let me know.

meldyck
July 30th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Hey Travis,

I looked at the roster & found a pretty good mixed medley relay with you on it. How does this sound?

Daniel Thomas (21) BK (31.13)
Travis Mabry (26) BR (33.65)
Tiffany Forbes (37) FL (35? - this is a guess from her 100 FL seed)
Heather Hagadorn (39) FR (29.20)

The combined age is 123 which puts the relay into the 120-159 age group. The combined time estimates results in a 2:08 to 2:10, more or less. That would have gotten a 2nd place last year and a 5th place the year before at LC Nats. Looks good to me!

The problem is that the mixed medley goes off Friday night & the relay card needs to be turned in by 4 p.m. on Thursday (the distance day). Heather will be there & could turn it in (so can I for that matter) but you would need to try to get the other folks on board beforehand. I'm not sure how you can reach Thomas or Forbes but Heather has an email address available on the COMSA web site.

That's what I did for the relay I organized.

If you're interested, I'd try her first & see if you can get something going.

Go for it!!

-- Mel

mabryt
August 3rd, 2004, 12:52 AM
Mel,
Thank you very much for the relay info. I just e-mailed Heather, so hopefully I'll hear back from her soon.

Daniel Thomas and Tiffany Forbes,
If by chance you happen to read this post, please let me know if you are interested in a 200 mixed medlay realy.

Thanks to everyone for their time.

Travis

mabryt
August 3rd, 2004, 01:11 AM
Is anyone interested in a competitive male 200 medley relay?

From an initial look at who is signed-up, the following team looks like a top-ten contender in the 120-159 age-group:

Back: Thomas (31.1; 21)
Breast: Mabry (32.6; 26)
Fly: Nolte (30.8; 47)
Free: Hess (26.7; 50)

If anyone mentioned above is interested, please let me know so that we can get the realy set-up.

Also, if there are any other competitive relay swimmers out there, please let me know.

Thanks.

Travis

meldyck
August 3rd, 2004, 12:13 PM
By the way, Travis, one of the other things I do is to help maintain the USMS searchable meet database (http://www.usms.org/comp/toptimes.shtml) at the 'Top Times' section of the 'Competition' page. I looked at the men's 25-29 50 BR results and your swim at the SQUID meet puts you currently 3rd overall for the 34 or so meets nationwide that I've posted. Hopefully, when you get to sea level, your times will even be faster.

See you in Savannah.

-- Mel

mabryt
August 5th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Mel,
Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the RMM team in Savannah. Good luck!

Travis

meldyck
August 8th, 2004, 09:51 AM
RMM swimmers going to Savannah:

I've looked over the team divisions & it looks like we could have a chance to be in the money in the small teams division. Excluding New England Masters, which (for some reason) makes the medium team division for both men and women but NOT for combined, there are 10 combined teams with 15 to 18 swimmers (we have 17). If we really push on the relays, we can finish in the top three.

Be ready to get some pressure for relays at Savannah!

See you next week.

-- Mel