PDA

View Full Version : 1 on 1 coaching

Lucky McCharm
July 4th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I have been asked by a number of people for 1 on 1 coaching . Coaches what would you charge for 1/2 hr or 1hr sessions ?.

laineybug
July 4th, 2004, 01:27 PM
down here in small rural south GA town I paid 30.00/hr. She had tons of competitive swimming experience, as well as, coaching experience--all ages.

jdut
July 5th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Up here in Mass. $30/half hour ($50-60/hour) is pretty regular/reasonable. If it was under the table (no club getting part of fee) I'd probably charge $20 per half hour for one to one coaching.

coach guy
July 5th, 2004, 04:17 PM
I've recieved anywhere from $40-80/hr here in Minneapolis. I have a lot of competitive and coaching success at all levels of swimming. As someone else stated, it depends if a club is taking a cut. Also ask various places in your area. Economic demographics of community play a big factor in your rate. But definitely ask for what you feel your time is worth.

dcarson
July 10th, 2004, 03:06 PM
In the Washington, DC area, it generally runs $50-60/hour. Some coaches with more extensive experience and credentials I've seen charge up to $80/hour.

Robert Zeitner
July 12th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I don't give a private lesson less than 3/4 hour, since I don't believe much will be accomplished in less than that amount of time.

Following the belief of Emmett not to underprice oneself, I charge $100. for 3/4 hour.

I do try, first of all, to find out if the swimmer really needs private lessons, or if the person just need the spirit of a team workout, in order to improve.

dpflyer
July 19th, 2004, 09:45 PM
I agree with Rob. A few years ago when I didn't have much of a track record and not enough of my swimmers talking me up, I tried charging $75 and it didn't sell. I dropped my price pretty low and still nothing. But then, after some of my successful swimmers start talking to their friends I find myself as busy as I want to be. I have another job so the coaching on the side is fun and profitable. I now charge $75 for about 3/4 hour. If a couple wants to take lessons together it's still $75 as long as they're doing it at the same time. Now that's a real deal!

geochuck
July 20th, 2004, 12:04 PM
I charge $50. for half hour but they must sign in for 10 sessions. I prefer 5 in a group and charge $25 a head.

In the clinic in Mexico $350 a week per person usually 10 in the group we spend two hours open water and 1 hr pool. each day.

George Park www.swimdownhill.com

Lucky McCharm
August 1st, 2004, 10:53 AM
Thank you all for repsonding . It really helped getting opinions from all over the country .

See you all at the ASCA clinic in October.

geochuck
May 18th, 2005, 01:48 PM
What a half hour does is amazing to some. One of my clients just sent me this email.

The greatest advance I have made thus far George has been the half hour that I was with you that Friday. I am actually moving in the water and passing many other swimmers in the pool now.

George

69gscal
June 10th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know of any good coaches in the Phoenix area I'd be able to hire for a private session or two?
I currently swim alone and could really use the instruction.

Dennis Tesch
June 11th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I charge different prices for different types of swim lessons. I have coaching experience from age group to college to masters.

1 on 1 - $60.00 per hour - + $30.00 if they want video taping

Semi private $35.00 per person

Groups of 3 -5 - anywhere from $20.00 per person to $40.00 depending on how long and what they want in the lesson.

SwimStates1
July 22nd, 2005, 02:06 AM
A friend of mine worked with the stars of the TV and the screen and he made $250 per hour. He was an average swimmer, but he marketed himself like a mad man and made over $100,000 over the summer (4 months).

craiglll@yahoo.com
July 22nd, 2005, 11:17 AM
Here in a small town in western Illinois, if we charged more than $10/hour, we;d have no takers.

geochuck
July 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by craiglll@yahoo.com
Here in a small town in western Illinois, if we charged more than $10/hour, we;d have no takers. I just moved to a very small town very few takers I'll just charge more. When I go to Mexico Nov 15 to April 15, I get $300 a person 5 a week, I like that better.

jhs
July 2nd, 2006, 10:27 AM
Is there link one can go to to find lists of potential coaches? Thanks.

geochuck
July 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Lots of coaches all over some good some not so good but anything is better than no coach. Find out if you are the right age and go to a master club. Trifuel has some online coaches http://www.trifuel.com/Resources/Online_Coaches/index.php