PDA

View Full Version : Fastskin II available

breastroker
July 4th, 2004, 05:48 PM
How much do you want to lower your times?
Are you only one tenth from ALL American?

You can now purchase the latest in swim wear, the Fastskin II,
only $400 for the male or female full body suit!!!!

They have a special version for backstrokers only $300

And for breaststrokers like me, only $260 for the hi neck kneeskin.

I love the shark description, although I sort of resemble a killer whale, a BIG killer whale. Some of you are nice and slim, so I don't think this will help you at all!!! Leave these for us whales:)

FSII WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY APPROXIMATELY 8/15/04. ORDERS FOR FSII WILL BE SHIPPED AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.

Fastskin® fabric mimics the rough shark denticles to reduce drag in key areas of the body. White Flexskin fabric splices allow greater flexibility and less drag. The fabrics were positioned to accomodate the changing flow conditions along the swimmer's body. Features a Turbulent Management System with vortex controllers on chest and shoulder blades to reduce

laineybug
July 4th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Their ad in Splash this month features Natalie Coughlin, for all you Coughlin fans out there. The web site ad at

www.speedoaqualab.com

is a slick, 'spy' game you can play to learn about the suit.

Sonic Swimmer78
July 4th, 2004, 08:08 PM
WOW! Those are NICE! I've always wondered how a full body suit would feel like being since I've never tried one on.

Alicat
July 6th, 2004, 11:53 AM
OK,
I am impressed with all the fast times that elite athletes are achieving while wearing the fastskins suits, however, I get a little dumbfounded with the idea of "investing" $300-400 in a suit!?

I remember when I was younger, swimming in the "paper suits" and even the "plastic suits" -a paper suit with a water proof barrier imbeded into the fabric, but Wow! I can't even think of budgeting money for these fast skins...

joy
July 6th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Has anybody heard how long this suit is good for? Like the last ones after a few races it loses some of its waterproofness and starts to get holes ect with all the pulling and tugging to get it on.
Just wondering how will they are made compared to the last fastskins.

dcarson
July 7th, 2004, 11:02 AM
From what I've read and what's stated in some swim clothing catelogs that sell the 1st Fastskins, it's clearly stated they are for competition only. Of course, you could use it all the time, but shelling out hundreds for a suit doesn't make a lot of sense to use it constantly. So, as to how long it should last, if used just for competition and prep. for competition, I would hope it would last a long time (especially for the price).

joy
July 7th, 2004, 06:51 PM
The fastskin 1 does not hold up well they do not last along time for competition. Like I said the waterproofing from the material goes away after a few competitions plus they start to stretch out. I wear mine only in competions and have had 4 or 5. I wear only polyester for w/o. If the material is the same mostly for the II's then it will probably be the same. Not a long haul suit.