PDA

View Full Version : I Cant Breath

JoeItalia7
August 28th, 2004, 09:53 PM
When im doin ym freestyle i cant breath, i ve been havin alot of trouble with that lately. its been a while since i swam like this and i think i forgot how to breath. plus i get alot of water in my nose, swallow alot and tire fast. im pretty sure it all has to do with the breathing. ne suggestions?

LordoftheSwim
August 28th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Hi there. What do you mean by not being able to breath? Do you mean you are having a hard time catching your breath, or do you mean you are having trouble getting your head in the proper position to breathe? If it's the later, you might want to think about rotating your body more. If you are just turning your head to the side and your torso is remaining parallel to the bottom that could make it much harder for you to breath and less efficient. You really want to reach in front of you and make sure your entire body is rotating For instance when your right arms is in front about to take a stroke, your left side should be tilted closer to the surface, and vice versa. Also, it is very easy to forget to breath out sometimes when you are swimming. If you don't blow out your air underwater, you have to exhale and inhale at the same time when your head is turned to the side, which takes a lot of time, and isn't as great for keeping your body relaxed and your air circulating. Hope that helps. Happy swimming!

JoeItalia7
August 29th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Well i have asthma so its always hard to breath, but i think what you said also applies to me, i wasnt pullin my head out of the water the right way and i wasnt rotating my body. plus i forget to exhale underwater. thanks alot