PDA

View Full Version : Where to find events

blondi
August 30th, 2004, 12:45 PM
My nine year old daughter is a Club swimmer and loves it, really enjoyed Long course this summer. At the end of the season a group of the swimmers signed up for a kids triathlon, I do triathlons also so we trained togather but she's really gotten hooked on Open Water swimming. I'm looking for events for her and myself around Lake Erie and the Cleveland Ohio area or some type of listing of events.

Thanks

Tspence
October 7th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I run an open water meet every summer at Edgewater State Park, Cleveland, OH. This is a 1-mile and 2-mile event for masters swimmers. Last year we tried to get USA swimmers involved so we could swim masters and kids together. It would have been a dual sanctioned meet. The USA people set the qualifying times for the kids so high, none qualified. Masters swimmers don't have qualifying times. Also, the USA swimmers have to be registered by their coaches and I don't think the coaches were all that interested. Go to www.usms.org. Go to the Long Distance Event Schedule. We'll be on there in the Spring. Maybe we'll be able to get the kids to swim with us next year. Tom