PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Masters Swimming

jswim
September 1st, 2004, 05:05 PM
Hello all,
I am new to the USMS forums and also relatively new to Oklahoma. I swam for a short time in St. Petersburg Florida with the masters team there, and have been looking for a club to swim with here in Oklahoma. I've tried a couple of the contacts at the Oklahoma masters club sites, and havn't received any replies yet. (though they were sent sort of recently so I'm still waiting)

I was wondering if anyone here swims in Oklahoma or knows of a good club to swim with. I live in Noble (Norman would be great),
but work in Oklahoma City, so either one would work for me. I think there's a practice for masters at the Oklahoma city community college, but i"m having trouble finding out details about it. I'd love to have a coach to work with on my strokes, strengthening, and speed.

If anyone can give me some advice or point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much, and thanks for the great site! It's been very useful!

Jeanette. :)

jswim
September 24th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Ok,
forget the first post.. the YMCA I am currently swimming at has a Masters club team in the works, seems enough people put suggestion cards in the box for them to have to take it seriously.. Plus one of the new lifeguards is a swim coach as well!

Soo... anyone in OKC area interested in a masters swim team, come on down to the downtown Y. The only problem I may forsee is that it is only a 4 lane, 25 yd pool.. could get pretty cozy in the lanes.. but hey.. the more the merrier!

see you in the pool!
J.:cool: :p

Janet Latham
April 4th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Coached Masters workouts are available at the Lighthouse Fitness Center on 3333 W. Hefner. They are coached by John Brown on Tues, & Thurs from 6-7 a.m. Contact him at 751-3344 if you are interested. The cost is $5.00 per session if you do not belong to the Lighthouse.