PDA

View Full Version : Personal Profiles

dpflyer
February 2nd, 2002, 01:05 PM
One of the things we want to do in upcoming newsletters is to give short biographies or personal profiles for swimmers in our Masters community. You can reply here or you can send them to Nancy Kranpitz. editor <jnk@newnorth.net> or Trish Alarie, personal bios compiler<trisba@worldnet.att.net>. You can include as much information as you want but remember it may get edited to fit the newsletter. Here's a short profile for me, as an example:

I've been swimming Masters since Jan, 1983 when I was encouraged to attend my first meet. It had been 16 years since I swam a race until that moment. I've been competing regularly since then except for some bouts with tendonitis. I've achieved a few personal swimming goals in that period, namely going .2 over my best high school 100 Fly time about 14 years ago and making All American in 100m Fly when I got first at Grand Forks LC meet. That was when Marty Hull missed our heat. I was generous in my gratitude.

I've been coaching since Sept of 1995 when I was faced with the loss of our program and pool time when the Y did not have a coach on board for program. It's been an interesting and exciting journey. I love coaching and seriously wish I had started sooner.