PDA

View Full Version : Ivan the Hurricane update on path

pat tullman
September 10th, 2004, 10:44 AM
At the moment the hurricane tracking agency,NORAD, is predicting a path up the west coast of Florida in almost a straight up the coast after touching land around ft Myers. This path will keep the storm away from Orlando if the path holds. Don"t know if there have been contigency plans made but I know that many airports on west coast will shut down tuesday pm if the track holds. Even though I live some 30+ miles from coast I am traveling to Orlando and Disney specifically to ride out this monster storm. This is just and FYI. Hope that Ivan the Terrible turns out to be Ivan the weakened.

MegSmath
September 10th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Patricia,

Thanks so much for the update! I really hope Ivan weakens so that wherever it hits, it won't be so devastating. I keep hoping it will go anywhere else but Florida, like maybe Mexico, and then I feel terrible for wishing the hurricane on anybody!

You can keep track of the latest satellite photos and the NOAA predicted track at

www.noaa.gov

Don't go to the NORAD website, because that's the North American Aerospace Defense Command, and it deals with an entirely different threat than the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration!

Good luck riding this storm out!

Meg

swimmore
September 12th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Here is a better link:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Those of us that live in the Florida panhandle are not very excited that this storm is coming here. The storm track looks to hit most on my LMSC. :( We are looking at the possiblity of not making it to Orlando.

Coach Steven Fair