PDA

View Full Version : Phelps, Krazelburg, Crocker coming to St. Charles September 14, 2004

urban
September 10th, 2004, 09:23 PM
America’s fist-ever eight-time medallist Michael Phelps and his gold medallist teammates Lenny Krayzelburg and Ian Crocker are coming to the Chicagoland area, Tuesday, September 14th at the John B. Norris Recreation Center in St. Charles, Il. In a first-of-its-kind event, the three swimmers will travel the country and spend time with the fans that have been rooting them on the past several weeks.

The Tour will showcase the unparalleled accomplishments of each swimmer in a unique, exciting and intimate atmosphere. Each Show will be filled with special insight into the stars’ races and strokes; including demonstrations, rematches from Athens and a relay with the Stars and special guests.

Tickets will go on sale the day of the event, Tuesday, September 14th, at the John B. Norris Center, 1050 Dunham Rd., St. Charles, Il. 60174. THERE WILL BE NO PRESALE for this event. Tickets will be $30.00 at the door. For more information please call 630-377-1405 ext. 15 or check out http://swimwiththestars.com, for up to date details.

“Disney’s Swim with the Stars” – Chicagoland location, John B. Norris Recreation Center, 1050 Dunham Rd., St. Charles, IL

cjquill
September 11th, 2004, 09:58 AM
As a Norris Center member, I was able to purchase my tickets yesterday (Friday). I would recommend telephoning the Norris Center before coming out to see if there are tickets remaining. With members, swim team members, and school district employees all eligible to purchase ahead of time, the number of tickets remaining for the general public was expected to be small.

If you are planning to attend, Norris Center employees were recommending that you dress very lightly as the pool will be jam packed with spectators. The rumor I heard was that 800 tickets were sold for each show, but for the life of me I can't figure out how that many people will fit. It's not a large facility.