PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Join

JVille
September 13th, 2004, 11:24 AM
i'm from janesville, and have been out of swimming for several years, but looking to get back into the sport. i'm not aware of any clubs or teams in this area.
any suggestions on how to get started??

any info would help!

Thanks

rob swenson

dpflyer
September 20th, 2004, 04:25 PM
HI Rob! Welcome back to swimming! I visited the Janesville Y back in the Spring and was told there is a group - a small group - trying to get a Masters team established. I'm sure you're familiar with the Janesville Y. There's also a small group in Milton that uses - I think, I presume - the Milton HS pool. Tom Lieder was the coach at Milton before retiring. I know he swims Masters and I just assume he's swimming at Milton HS. You should contact Tom at <liedert@mail.milton.k12.wi.us> ; I'm sorry I don't have his phone # handy, but I think he might be in the phone book.
I would start there, if I were you. I'll try to dig up that information about the JVille Y.

Stay in touch! Also, check out the Wisconsin website:
www.swim-wimasters.org Please call or e-mail if you have any more questions. The first meet this Fall is in Appleton at Lawrence University. It is Nov 20 and is a short-course meter meet (25m); always a lot of fun. We go out for dinner afterwards.

Dick Pitman 800-527-7425, ext 125 or 608-770-2307
dpitman@usms.org