PDA

View Full Version : Convention details?

jackkangaroo
September 20th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Don't see any issues/notes on convention - for those of us who didn't attend.

Impressions from this year?

Anyone BLOG the convention...if so, please provide website.

jack

Rob Copeland
September 20th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Convention minutes and a recap can be found at www.usms.org/admin/conv04

And a personal observationů we had a hard working group of energetic enthusiastic volunteers who accomplished a great deal of work in a small amount of time, for the betterment of our sport. Thanks to all, for caring and giving so much!

matysekj
September 20th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Preliminary convention results are now available at http://www.usms.org/admin/conv04/ . There are still a few things missing from this area that I don't have access to electronic versions yet. Also, it looks to me that I don't have all the legislation changes yet. There were some additional changes presented as a result of the governance meetings in the Planning Committee that I don't have electronic results for yet. These changes pertained to the makeup of the BOD and elections and terms of office. As soon as I can get my hands on these, they will all be added to the convention results area.

The BOD changes, according to my hardcopy minutes and notes are:

- An Executive Director will be added as a non-voting member of the EC and BOD.

- Four Vice Presidents have been added to the EC in place of the Zone Committee Chiar. They are the VPs of Member Services, Community Service, National Operations, and Local Operations.

- The BOD consists of all voting members of the EC plus a director from each zone, who will be nominated by the zone and elected by the HOD.

- Elections for all BOD members will take place at next year's convention.

The recommendation for a new publisher by the EC was approved by the HOD. The first issue of our new publication with Douglas Murphy Communications will be the March/April 2005 issue.

breastroker
September 20th, 2004, 02:04 PM
All the convention results are up already at http://www.usms.org/admin/conv04/

matysekj
September 20th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks to Rob Copeland, the final legislation minutes from all sessions and results of all legislation proposals are now up in the convention area.

breastroker
September 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM
On a personal note I hope Rob runs for office next year.

Rob Copeland
September 20th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Wayne,

Thanks for the note of confidence. I am definitely giving it some thought.