PDA

View Full Version : Leg Cramps

wdudley
October 6th, 2004, 10:17 AM
I am prone to leg (mostly calf) cramps, and during the 2nd half of workouts have to remind myself not to push off the walls too hard, for fear of locking up and not being able to finish the set.

Any suggestions for overcoming this would be greatly appreciated -- I want to be able to push myself all the way through the workout.

Thanks.

Rob Copeland
October 6th, 2004, 01:17 PM
There are lots of suggestions for overcoming leg cramps on various discussions threads on this forum. Do a search on “cramps” to check them out!

SWinkleblech
October 21st, 2004, 08:46 AM
Eat Bananas. That is what I do. I usually don't get cramps while swimming but a couple of weeks ago I got some pretty bad ones. I haven't been eating bananas so I started to pack one for lunch and haven't had cramps since. It has something to do with the potassum that is in bananas.

ctlee712
October 31st, 2004, 03:44 PM
I, too, was recently suffering from severe leg cramps during my workouts. The wrestling coach at my school suggested potassium tablets. They only cost $2.99 for a bottle at GNC. It took about a week of taking one tablet daily before my leg cramps subsided, but they haven't reoccured during my last 3 workouts. Good luck!