PDA

View Full Version : 2005 SCY Qualifying Times

rafa
October 17th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Yo,
Does anybody know this years Nationals Qualifying Times? The short course yards in Florida.

Hopefully I will qualify this year!!!

Thanks,
rafa.

Karen Duggan
October 18th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Hi,
It's my understanding that you may swim 3 events without achieving the qualifying times.
The times are usually posted in SWIM magazine around the beginning of 2005.
Good luck :)

jroddin
October 18th, 2004, 11:36 AM
That is correct - you are entitled to three "free" events where you don't have to make the cut. For example, if you can only make one cut then you can swim 4 ind events.

Unofficially, here they are (see attached PDF).

Jeff Roddin

rafa
October 18th, 2004, 05:32 PM
thanks guys!
I was in Indianapolis this year and had a great time swimming without qualifying but I would love to qualify this year. I guess it is a way to show improvement!!

rafa
October 18th, 2004, 05:39 PM
sorry, i meant next year!!!!

judystrauss
October 23rd, 2004, 12:44 AM
Hi Rafa-

You can calculate the qualifying times by taking the 10 time in your age group for the USMS top ten times for 2004 and adding 10 % to it.

JS

barryf
October 23rd, 2004, 01:00 AM
Qualifying times for National Short Course Championships are calculated as follows:

The qualifying times shall be 10 percent slower than the average of the previous three years' tenth place time on the USMS Top Ten list. If there are fewer than ten swimmers on the Top Ten list for one of the previous three years, the qualifying times shall be 10 percent slower than the average of the other two years' tenth place times on the USMS Top Ten list. If there are fewer than ten swimmers on the Top Ten list for two or three of the previous three years, the qualifying times shall be 15 percent slower than the average of the previous three years' fifth place time on the USMS Top Ten list. If there are fewer than five swimmers in the Top Ten list for one of the previous three years, the qualifying time shall be 15 percent slower than the average of the other two years' fifth place time. If there are fewer than five swimmers on the Top Ten list in two or three of the previous three years, there shall be no qualifying time.

mattson
October 25th, 2004, 09:30 AM
The qualifying times have been very stable over the last few years (with the current formula). So figure that the times will be the same as last year, within a few tenths (probably faster). That will give you something to aim for, until the actual times come out.

rafa
October 25th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Thanks. I was actually number 10 in 50 and 100 breast in my age group!!!